A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Casterline:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Casterline is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Casterline
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Casterline Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Casterline, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Heart Surgery (Cardiovascular Surgical Procedures)
Education & Awards
Dr. Casterline graduated from University of Kansas , Kansas City.
Dr. Casterline has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Shelby Baptist Emergency Department
- Brookwood Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John B Casterline MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 24 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John B. Casterline practice?
- Dr. John Casterline has 1 office location.
- Dr. John Casterline practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Vestavia, AL.