Dr. John Chace MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

May 9th, 2016
Great surgeon
I had a Breast lump removed by Dr. Chace this year(2016). Very good experience. Follow up visit was fast and efficient. All questions were answered. Bedside manner is very good.

March 25th, 2016
Excellent, Knowledgable Doctor
Very knowledgable and accurate diagnosis. Extremely good bedside manner. Spends time with patients and family and very thorough explanations of procedures.

April 7th, 2012
Lipoma Removal Failure
I went to Dr. Chace about a lump in my upper left ribcage. Without any MRI he decided it was a lipoma tumor and that I needed it removed. During the surgery he didn't talk or let me know what was going on. The tumor was deeper and larger than he really thought so he had to keep cutting. He cut into muscle and didn't help me find a physical therapist. Also, it took a week for me to recieve pain medication. They didn't schedule a follow up appointment and after three months I'm still in a lot of pain. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR! It was the worst experience I've had and the pain is worse after the lipoma removal.

March 14th, 2012
an excellent doctor...

October 27th, 2011
Very unprofessional
The staff is made of liars, I waited 6 weeks for a surgery to find out their account with my insurance co was expired. Dr. Chase did not wear gloves when he checked my hernia (previously diagnosed by a flight surgeon). I was there 3 different times and was seen at least an hour after my scheduled time (I arrived early every time). Long story short, I have a new and better surgeon.

October 18th, 2011
Very knowledable gave details of the disease and treatment. Readily answered any questions I had.
Reacted quickly, feel like I got the best care availabe. Did surgery for breast cancer. Very Nice man.

June 30th, 2011
Questionable
I'll be honest, I only had one visit with this doctor and it will be my last. I went in for an initial consultation for a vasectomy and he performed the head turn and cough. The problem was when he grabbed me he wasn't wearing gloves and furthermore, he did not wash his hands after leaving me to wait 20 minutes for the nurse. I got to the office right on schedule and left an hour and thirty minutes later and I was one of two people in the waiting area and 2 more walked out. I don't think it is common practice though, to not wear gloves when touching a patients genitals for any reason, and then to not wash hands? Did the person he checked before me have a VD and then he touched me? I don't know but I won't wait to find out tue next time.

June 14th, 2011
wonderful surgeon, he spent a lot of time and care with me before and after surgery to ease my fears and answer any questions i had. no complications from surgery, and i feel better now than i have in years!

September 14th, 2009
Look Out
The outcomes of the surgery performed on me at Norman Regional Hospital in the fall of 2006 has had severe and detrimental consequences for my life. I will never be the same.