Dr. John Cheng MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

December 15th, 2013
URGENT CARE, WHAT A JOKE
I went to South Coast Med Group because my appointment with my primary care physician was a week away and I wanted to see a doctor just to make sure my illness didn't need urgent evaluation. When you walk in to this place, there is no room, you just sit in what looks like a hotel lobby with leather chairs. You can tell this building was not made for a doctor's office. I waited for over 30 minutes. When I was called back, I was told I would see Dr. Cheng but they sent in his assistant because he didn't have time to see me, at least that's what they said. She did not identify herself as a nurse practitioner or just a PA. She did a great job at addressing my concerns but the experience in general was not at all what you expect from an urgent care center

October 16th, 2012
Unprofessional
Do not go there!

March 15th, 2011
Sports Injury
I thought Dr. Cheng did an excellent job in diagnosing my injuries. He spent enough time explaining things to me (the do's and dont's) He seemed like a caring doctor when he suggested other exercises I can do to stay healthy while injured. I like him a lot better than my regular doctor actually :) All in all, I was pleasantly surprise I had a good experience as a first time patient at their office.

August 18th, 2010
I rated Dr. Cheng excellent but then said the wait/appointment time is poor because you can't get an appointment at this facility (South Coast Medical)so naturally the wait is long.His accuracy in diagnosing a problem is good rather than excellent because he tries very hard to get all facts to diagnose but there are no tests given to find the answer. He diagnosed me with fibromyalgia, which I don't believe I have, so that was a little frustrating.As for everything else, he spent almost one hour with me on one visit and never rushed me at all any other visits. He is caring and thoughtful and makes you feel as though he cares.

June 20th, 2009