A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Christein:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Christein is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Christein, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Liver Diseases
- Pancreatectomy (Pancreas Removal)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer (Pancreatic Ductal Carcinoma)
- Pancreatic Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Christein graduated from Rush Medical College, Chicago. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Christein has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Uab Medical West
- UAB Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John D Christein MD is a male Surgeon, has 12 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John D. Christein practice?
- Dr. John Christein has 4 office locations.
Dr. John Christein practices Surgery near Birmingham, AL.
Additional practice locations include: Rochester, MN.
See Birmingham Surgeons.