Dr. John Christoforetti MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

April 19th, 2015
Stellar!
Complete tear of supraspinatus tendon: Dr. Christo was recommended by a very serious gym I was going to - that works with many local college athletes. Second hand reports from other people both in and out of the health field had nothing but positive thoughts about the Dr. C. I personally saw 4 docs - the first one misdiagnosed completely. the 2nd - the doc from a local pro team was insulting, unhelpful, and his staff was incompetent. 3rd was from another pro team, egotistical, rushed ,and not particularly helpful but anyway couldn't guarantee that my insurance would still pay by the time he could do the surgery (10 weeks!). Then I saw Dr Christoforetti and was BLOWN AWAY by the level of patient care. I've only seen a tight health care team give this level of thorough care once before: at Cleveland Clinic (for a family member). Beginning with Barb the patient /office liason, to Beth - the best PA ever! (knowledgeable, caring, warm, but humble - she defers to Dr C regularly), to Dr. Christoforetti himself (very open, gives you as much time and info you could ask for. Personality: To me he seems like a VERY smart man who has worked very hard to be the best he can be. I did not find him egotistical, but rather - proud of his work. Maybe he does not come across as the warmest individual, if anything more clinical. He's an ortho guy after all, and a very, very good one.) He is extremely thorough and conservative in ALL regards from diagnosis, to preparing the patient mentally, pain control, surgical techniques/choices, follow up care, surgical site care, post op detailed instructions, PT protocol - every aspect from beginning until full recovery is thought through and controlled as well as he can. Everything is done so as to insure the best possible surgical outcome. I'm writing this 4 months post op, and mindful that my complete recovery is at least 12 months - my PT and I are both very happy with my outcome at this point. Dr. Christo is conservative in all regards, and that included starting PT - because studies show this to have the highest success rate on longer time lines. Typical of his choices for his patients! I believe he and his team truly care about their patients, and I can't say that about many doctors.

March 31st, 2015
Former Patient
Dr. Christoforreti is a highly skilled and extremely knowledgable physician. He takes the time to really listen to your complaints and answers your questions honestly and openly. He did my hip repair surgery and I feel absolutely wonderful now that he has saved me from what seemed a bleak future.

January 20th, 2015
Had FAI surgery done by Dr. Christoforetti. This man is amazing.

January 20th, 2015
Dr.Christoforetti is the best surgeon ever!

August 6th, 2014
Occupational Health Nursing
I was referred to Dr. Christoforetti by my regular Ortho Doc who was unable to treat my diagnosed L hip of FAI and Labral Tear. I received an apt two days after calling his office and the apt scheduler could not have been nicer, for being a brand new patient I was blown away at how quickly they accommodated me. Dr. Christoforetti and his staff were very nice and treated me with much respect. After some conservative treatment we are to be scheduling surgery shortly and I feel 100% confident with this decision and this surgeon, he explains everything to you down to every dotted I and crossed T. His office staff prepare all of your instructions and directions so you are not left wandering. I have read some reviews regarding his personality and what I can say to you is this, you may not get the hand patting you would from a smaller physicians practice, but what you will get is respect, trust and nothing but pure confidence in Dr. Christoforetti and likewise he needs to be able to trust you. I would recommend him to any friend and any family member.

December 9th, 2013
Complete confidence in his care
My husband & I have both had to visit Dr. Christoforetti this year. We have complete confidence in his care and trust him completely. He explains all in complete detail, not only to us in terms that we understand, but simultaneously to his interns in terms they need to understand. During my husbands surgery he had the nurses update me every 30 minutes so I knew what was happening, and after surgery gave a full explanation of all that was done. His entire staff is awesome. They are friendly, competent, and thorough. Would like to make a shout out to Beth who helped calm my husbands anxiety after surgery and my fear of the dreaded chicken shots. Thank you. The medical issues we were treated for are resolved as much as they can be for now. But we are "decrepit" and have no reservations of returning to Dr. Christoforetti for his help when the time calls for it.

August 27th, 2013
Labral tear repair April 2010
My daughter, a dancer, had suffered progressively worsening hip pain for two years. We had consulted with four different doctors trying to diagnose the source of her pain. One doctor went so far as to tell her that at age eighteen, she would need to learn to live with "little aches and pains." After a thorough exam and additional testing, Dr. Christoferetti diagnosed her with a congenital hip defect and a labral tear. Her surgery was extensive and she spent months in physical therapy. Her injury was too extensive to continue dancing (the doctor cautioned that she may need a hip replacement by age 30 if she continued to dance), but thankfully the surgery did greatly reduce her pain. I would highly recommend Dr. Christoferetti and Ben Kivlan, DPT. They are an excellent team.

August 29th, 2012
Dr. Christoforetti was great. He diagnosed my hip problem immediately and performed the surgery perfectly. I've been able to participate in a gruelling 12 hour, 35 mile walk over rugged, primitive terrain, and return to playing baseball after my procedure. The care and attention I received was first rate.

July 10th, 2012
Had 2 total knee replacements by Dr Christoforetti and can say that both right and left legs had never felt better. Moving around like a young man. Only did one knee at a time and can say the experiance was amazing.

January 15th, 2012
Worthwhile experience
Worth the trip!

February 3rd, 2011
This doctor expressed himself well and explained my problem with accuracy. My surgery was fantastically successful.

January 24th, 2011
Great at diagnosis, great skills
After reading the other comments, I have a question. What good/great orthopedic surgeon doesn't have an ego? Dr. Christoforetti backs his up with his skills.He was the sixth doctor that I interviewed and he listened and explained his findings. I chose to have the surgery and everything that I needed post-op, down to the ice packs, were taken care of. It's a level of care that you rarely see.