Dr. John Chung MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Cleveland, TN

March 9th, 2017
Great experience
I went to dr chungs office for a place on my arm that wouldn't heal. They took a biopsy and it was a skin cancer. I had it removed in the office. Quick and easy. I am now scheduled to go back every 6 months for check on my whole body. I am very happy with dr Chung and his staff everyone was very helpful and friendly

January 8th, 2017
I started out seeing dr.chung for my hs.....At first he was great they listened to me and were more attentive about different ways to treat it. This last time since some of the staff has changed it has gotten to where I feel like I am just a pin cushion. Everytime I get new spot come up its like all he wants to do is cut and has turned my under arm into a road map. I caught MRSA and they didn't care they were just like take this antibiotic and we see u in a month and when I made the comment that I probably would not come back cause I felt like I was not getting the care I deserved or bedside manner that I deserved it was like I just turned into another number.....

November 29th, 2016
He is a butcher shocked still can practice. Ask former folks in the Dalton area that used him.

September 1st, 2016
Needs to play with Barbie dolls as he is more concerned with selling his hocus pocus skin treatments than actually doctoring.Find a real dermatoligist if you need a diagnosis.

June 10th, 2016
Horrible Experience
I went to Dr. Chungs office for a rash on my foot and a small sore spot. A PA came into see me and said they needed to do a biopsy on the foot. And also decided to do 3 more biopsys on my leg. Never addressed the rash. A few days later I got a call saying 2 of the biopsys came back with cancer cells. My options were to have them surgically removed or have SRT radiation treatments. I said I would prefer the surgery to just be finished and know the cancer was no longer an issue. At that point the office directed me that the best solution with NO down time, No pain to have the SRT treatments. The most irritating part would be coming for treatment 3 times a week. And that the surgery was not recommended as the foot has poor circulation and may have a problem healing. I started the SRT treatment, after the 7th treatment the burn was so bad that I had to keep the foot elevated for a week because of the severe swelling and keep ice packs on it for 4 days. The office said they had never seen this kind of reaction to the treatment. In my opinion they just overexposed the foot with the radiation and caused a severe burn. They said I should see Dr. Chung himself since he had never seen me as a patient. That in itself I thought was very strange since the office has diagnosed me with cancer and wants to start a treatment without the owner of the practice ever looking at the patient. I did not see the Dr. And never went back to finish the treatment. Instead I went to another clinic and saw another Dr. They could not believe the protocol of Dr. Chungs practice and what happened was on the verge of malpractice After about 8 weeks the burn is almost healed but the cancerous spot is still there. I will be starting over with a new Dr. As soon as the foot heals enough to start anew. Also they wanted to surgically remove the other area that the biopsy showed was maglinate but when the spot healed from the biopsy you can't see where there was anything ever there. I believe this Dr. Is in the money making business alone with no regard for a patients real health issues. I will however have to give credit where it is due. He has a wonderful staff at the office I went to. Always kind and helpful. I just don't think anyone can handle the patient load of 10 clinics.

January 6th, 2016
Failure to diagnose.His neglect led me to another derm who diagnosed me with terminal illness despite my telling him of same symptoms to which he ignored and said I was FINE

October 30th, 2015
appointments
I had a skin cancer removed several months ago. have had a problem with a cyst for many years and nurse practitioner decided it needed to be removed. We made an appointment to have it taken care of but when we went on the scheduled time they said that we didn't have an appointment until the next Friday with Dr Chung instead of the nurse practitioner. No one bothered to call us and let us know appointment had been changed. Appointment was early and there is an hours time difference not to mention the fuel it takes to get there. Did not appreciate having to miss another nights sleep to get there in time for appointment.

October 13th, 2015
Dr. Chung's staff was exceptional and very knowledgeable and thorough. I would recommend this office to anyone.

September 15th, 2015
I love Dr. Chung. I have used him for over 6 years with no problems at all. He and his staff are #1.

August 31st, 2015
This doctor is a butcher. After 2 visits to the ER reopening the wound because a massive infection and ooze began to spew out. Double doses of antibiotics and 3 weeks later it starting to heal.

August 13th, 2015
Find another Dermatologist
Spreads himself to thin.Books too many patients at once,and even when asked about a specific problem area,he doesn't even look at it.Just writes off a presciption,without investigating what may actually be the cause,and just treats symptoms that you provide him.Needs to do more doctoring,instead of rushing you through to get to next patient.You get 3 minutes with him,if you are lucky. Treats you as though his time his more valuable than your medical issues.

March 14th, 2015
The Best!
Dr. Chung is super intelligent, highly skilled, and very friendly. I felt totally at ease.