Dr. John Chung Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Chung?

August 26th, 2017

Unprofessional & Unsanitary

My initial consult with Doug went super smoothly and I am entirely grateful he found an irregular mole before it turned into melanoma. They were able to schedule me promptly for a surgical excision. When Dr. Chung and his team came into the room, I was a bit surprised because there were so many people with him. At one point, there were around six of his staff in the room and people seemed to come and go, seemingly for no reason, which seems strange since any room where surgery takes place should be as sterile as possible. When the esthetician started injecting me with lidocaine, I began to get dizzy and felt like I was going to pass out. Everyone immediately jumped into action-- a fan was fetched, a cold rag was placed on my forehead, and I was minorly inverted so the blood would rush back to my head. I was asked repeatedly how I was doing and was confident they were monitoring the situation. I began to feel better and they were able to continue numbing the area. I had two things excised at the same time, and the first one went smoothly without a hitch. During the second excision, I began to get a bit uncomfortable with the treatment. As the physician was performing the excision, a nurse came in and began having a discussion with her about another patient. While I understand the office is busy and the "surgery" I was having was minor, I still felt that the patient under the scalpel deserves the full attention of the person cutting.The esthetician had scheduled another patient immediately following my procedure, and had to go check her email in the middle of the procedure, which again seems a bit unprofessional. Dr. Chung and the esthetician and the woman performing the excision were all chatting and while obviously comfortable with each other, I began to get increasingly more uncomfortable when Dr. Chung began to play songs on his phone and their conversation turned to who was singing and what cowboy movies he was in. Dr. Chung gives a mean head massage, but I feel that the medical side of things is a bit more important than massaging my head and who sings what song. He continued to play music while the staff joked about the range of his voice, and then he went to a stool in the corner and seemed to be playing on his phone. Both the excision sites were covered with bandages and secured and I was told to change them in two days, wash with mild soap & water, etc. The wound dressing lasted approximately 5 hours before beginning to peel off, so my husband had to redress it. Being in the medical field himself, he also noticed that the physician entered the room with sterile, surgical gloves already on her hands, which is strange since the purpose of surgical gloves is sterility. The esthetician also touched surfaces in the room (such as the tv monitor) with her gloves on and didn't change them before the procedure began, again yielding an unsterile operating environment. While I enjoyed the people themselves and the conversations, I felt that the medical & professional sides of the business were not up to par. Firstly, the lack of attention to sterility was concerning. Secondly, nothing was explained in terms of what the pathology results were, why the excision needed to happen, what the excision would entail, recovery, etc. The second physician didn't introduce herself to me; literally, the only thing she was there for was the procedure. There was no discussion or conversation about the diagnosis. Thirdly, the lack of professionalism and lackadaisical attitude of both the physician operating and Dr. Chung himself was disturbing. The second physician was wearing sunglasses in her hair during the procedure. Lastly, while the esthetician was very kind, I am genuinely confused as to why she was assisting with the excisions instead of a certified, medical professional.

July 5th, 2017

How does this man still have a medical license?

Horrible scar for no reason. If you go be prepared to have an ugly scar.

March 10th, 2017

Great experience

I went to dr chungs office for a place on my arm that wouldn't heal. They took a biopsy and it was a skin cancer. I had it removed in the office. Quick and easy. I am now scheduled to go back every 6 months for check on my whole body. I am very happy with dr Chung and his staff everyone was very helpful and friendly

January 9th, 2017

I started out seeing dr.chung for my hs.....At first he was great they listened to me and were more attentive about different ways to treat it. This last time since some of the staff has changed it has gotten to where I feel like I am just a pin cushion. Everytime I get new spot come up its like all he wants to do is cut and has turned my under arm into a road map. I caught MRSA and they didn't care they were just like take this antibiotic and we see u in a month and when I made the comment that I probably would not come back cause I felt like I was not getting the care I deserved or bedside manner that I deserved it was like I just turned into another number.....

November 29th, 2016

He is a butcher shocked still can practice. Ask former folks in the Dalton area that used him.

September 2nd, 2016

Needs to play with Barbie dolls as he is more concerned with selling his hocus pocus skin treatments than actually doctoring.Find a real dermatoligist if you need a diagnosis .

June 10th, 2016

Horrible Experience

I went to Dr. Chungs office for a rash on my foot and a small sore spot. A PA came into see me and said they needed to do a biopsy on the foot. And also decided to do 3 more biopsys on my leg. Never addressed the rash. A few days later I got a call saying 2 of the biopsys came back with cancer cells. My options were to have them surgically removed or have SRT radiation treatments. I said I would prefer the surgery to just be finished and know the cancer was no longer an issue. At that point the office directed me that the best solution with NO down time, No pain to have the SRT treatments. The most irritating part would be coming for treatment 3 times a week. And that the surgery was not recommended as the foot has poor circulation and may have a problem healing. I started the SRT treatment, after the 7th treatment the burn was so bad that I had to keep the foot elevated for a week because of the severe swelling and keep ice packs on it for 4 days. The office said they had never seen this kind of reaction to the treatment. In my opinion they just overexposed the foot with the radiation and caused a severe burn. They said I should see Dr. Chung himself since he had never seen me as a patient. That in itself I thought was very strange since the office has diagnosed me with cancer and wants to start a treatment without the owner of the practice ever looking at the patient. I did not see the Dr. And never went back to finish the treatment. Instead I went to another clinic and saw another Dr. They could not believe the protocol of Dr. Chungs practice and what happened was on the verge of malpractice After about 8 weeks the burn is almost healed but the cancerous spot is still there. I will be starting over with a new Dr. As soon as the foot heals enough to start anew. Also they wanted to surgically remove the other area that the biopsy showed was maglinate but when the spot healed from the biopsy you can't see where there was anything ever there. I believe this Dr. Is in the money making business alone with no regard for a patients real health issues. I will however have to give credit where it is due. He has a wonderful staff at the office I went to. Always kind and helpful. I just don't think anyone can handle the patient load of 10 clinics.

January 6th, 2016

Failure to diagnose.His neglect led me to another derm who diagnosed me with terminal illness despite my telling him of same symptoms to which he ignored and said I was FINE

October 30th, 2015

appointments

I had a skin cancer removed several months ago. have had a problem with a cyst for many years and nurse practitioner decided it needed to be removed. We made an appointment to have it taken care of but when we went on the scheduled time they said that we didn't have an appointment until the next Friday with Dr Chung instead of the nurse practitioner. No one bothered to call us and let us know appointment had been changed. Appointment was early and there is an hours time difference not to mention the fuel it takes to get there. Did not appreciate having to miss another nights sleep to get there in time for appointment.

October 13th, 2015

Dr. Chung's staff was exceptional and very knowledgeable and thorough. I would recommend this office to anyone.

September 16th, 2015

I love Dr. Chung. I have used him for over 6 years with no problems at all. He and his staff are #1.

September 1st, 2015

This doctor is a butcher. After 2 visits to the ER reopening the wound because a massive infection and ooze began to spew out. Double doses of antibiotics and 3 weeks later it starting to heal.