Dr. John Cilluffo MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Petoskey, MI

3.0

November 9th, 2016
Awful experience
I waited over 2 hours for my appointment. I went in full of hope that I might finally have an end all to the years of chronic back pain I have struggled to endure. I left the office full of darkness and despair. His horrible demeanor damaging my fragile physichie. He is apparently certain I cannot avoid a diaper and a wheelchair without him and his blade and his unrealistic demands. If you are looking for a non invasive surgery this is not the place to go.

September 7th, 2016
Beware! He is a horrible doctor who ruined my mothers quality of life in her retirement years. 3 back surgeries and brain surgery (because she lost so much spinal fluid) She can not walk without a walker and she is not the same person. To top it all off, he is rude and does not seem to care what he has done.

August 16th, 2016
I just love him!
I am very pleased with Dr. Culiffo, he was very accurate with his diagnosis of my brain tumor and the surgery went well. Follow ups continue go well.

October 9th, 2015
Doctor Flies to Great Lengths to Help Accident Victim
This is rather late in coming. But didn't realize this site was here. In 2007 my boyfriend was in a serious accident. Dr. Cilluffo needed to see an MRI and it was time sensitive as he was flying to San Diego for a conference. We didn't get the MRI in the time frame needed - but Dr. flew back from San Diego, did emergency surgery, made sure everything was ok the next day and then flew back to his conference. I will be forever grateful for the care and concern we were shown during this tragedy. Thank YOU Dr. Cilluffo

July 14th, 2015
Operated on back and lost bowels and no control, cannot urinate and must use catheters, leg hurts and stays swollen, back hurts, cannot sleep,

February 22nd, 2015
I'm an R.N., I have worked with many doctors over my 32 years and Dr. Cilluffo is the worst...he talks at you, not with you...he is rude, condescending, a know it all with a God complex! After two visits (I always give people a second chance), I decided that my first visit was not a fluke and that he truly is a donkey's butt. I have moved on to another physician who treats me like a person and spends time talking with me...I am now scheduled for surgery with a physician I can trust!

January 25th, 2013
Find another surgeon
Dr. Cilluffo did not help me at all after 2 surgeries in less than a year. I ended up having to go to another surgeon to have him fix what Dr. Cillufo messed up. My screws were loose and my fusion never fused together. His office staff is wonderful but that's the only good thing I can say.

October 20th, 2010
He has a God-complex. It was the worst experience we ever had with a Doctor. I do not recommend. He not only has no bedside manner, he is also outright rude with no compassion at all. Look elsewhere!

August 3rd, 2010
If Dr. Cilluffo doesn't think he can helpyou, he will tell you. Very up front. Makes sure you understand what needs to be done, does it, and even will give you a picture of what he did. Can't say enough good about the man.

April 18th, 2010
the bottom line is...
Dr. C is a straight forward man. He tells you like it is and gives you all the information you need to make a decision. He is not one to jump into surgery. If you, like me, need surgery this is the doctor you want. Your recovery also is straight forward. The Rx is walk and he gives you a cd of exercises to help you recover and stay healthy! He is a serious man, not much of a sense of humor (I think), as he should be since what he works on is very serious. He is a nice and caring doctor who give you the bottom line. He usually runs behind in his office visits, which doesn't bother me since I know this and take something to read or do while I wait. It is sort of a good down time. :) The office staff in TC are sweet and helpful. This is the doctor you want to operate on your back!

May 29th, 2009
He did hand surgery in addition to cervical diskectomy. My median nerve is permanently damaged. I have been told by other specialist that my hand surgery was NOT needed. My nerves are permantently destroyed.EMG testing and more. I live in chronic pain daily. He should be monitored on a regular basis.