Dr. John Cimino MD Patient Reviews

3.8
  • 23 reviews

February 11th, 2017
Professional and Caring Doctor
I went to see Doctor Cimino in early December 2016 with complaints of monthly excessive bleeding, low energy, feeling lightheaded most days and I was concerned about a large mass located in my lower right abdomen. After blood work results, a vaginal ultrasound and pelvic exam my diagnosis was large fibroids that was causing my excessive bleeding that resulted in my being severely anemic, also the fibroids were compressing my ureters and my colon (causing chronic constipation and possible kidney problems). Dr. Cimino recommended I consider an Da Vinci Laproscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo oophorectomy. After leaving his office that day and researching this procedure (countless times) I made the decision to proceed and have this surgery based mainly because I was so tired of having no energy and struggling to do activities that used to come so easily for me. Also I trusted Dr. Cimino as he performed my tubal ligation in November 2008 and all went very well with no complications. I had my surgery 31 January 2017 and as of this day 11 February all has gone very well. I was discharged from the hospital the next morning with some minor pain and soreness but only needed pain medication for a couple of days. I have followed my discharge instructions from the hospital to a tee and my only problem, which I found was common with this surgery was difficulty having my first bowel movement. That has been remedied and I now feel better than I have in a long while. I can tell by how I feel my iron level is up, no dizziness, normal bowel and kidney function. Also very minimal scarring from the 4 ports used to perform this procedure. I am so thankful this robotic assisted technology was available to me. I am still taking it easy as my insides are still healing but I feel so much better as my energy level is so much better and my body is functioning as it should. I am so happy I made the appointment to see Doctor Cimino. He is a caring professional doctor that I highly recommend to any woman. He will take the time to answer any questions and address any concerns. He conducts himself in a professional manner and genuinely cares about his patients. I am 54 and have been to many areas of the country ( US Navy veteran and wife) and will say he is among the best at what he does.

February 11th, 2017
Professional and Caring Doctor

June 28th, 2016
I love Dr.Cimino I have been with him for over 14 years and credit him for saving my life. My family doctor had NO Clue what was going on with me. Dr.Cimino finally realized that with all the symptoms I was describing that I was a type2 Diabetic. He called my Family doctor himself to have me admitted to run test blood sugar levels were over 680...Thanks, Dr.Cimino Loyal til the end

March 28th, 2016
Dr. John Cimino Crestwood
Terrible delivery doctor! Do not use this clown.

November 9th, 2015
Been with Dr. Cimino for 10 years
We moved here from Washington, D.C. where I had an abundance of choices. I was sadly disappointed when I met with 3 doctors here in Huntsville that had no idea what their stats were for episiotomies on first-time moms, and those same 3 docs had no stats on the % of C-sections performed on 1st time deliveries. Furthermore, all 3 required recumbent labor, and continuous fetal monitoring. When I met with Dr. Cimino he answered all of my questions with out acting like they were unusual. It was so refreshing to meet a doctor that seemed genuinely willing to answer all my questions and not rush me out the door! Every year I come with questions and every year he takes the time to answer all of them without rushing me out the door. I would highly recommend him to any woman that wants a doctor that is intelligent, well-informed, and up to date on the latest medical info.

July 27th, 2015
First doc to listen
I've been through five OBGYN's before Dr Cimino. I am used to going to a planned parenthood where I used to live, but those don't exist here. So, I am used to autonomy about my own body, including that my desires about my OWN body and reproductive system are MY choices to make. This is a hard thing to find in southern doctors, I have learned. Dr. Cimino was the first OBGYN I found who actually listened to the troubles I was having, tried to solve them, was honest and straight with me, and after discussing options, let ME choose of the options what I wanted to do with MY body. Finally a proper doctor! If what you want is good bedside manner, I will warn you won't find that here. He is not a hand holder, nor will he chit-chat. But he knows his stuff and is straightforward.

July 21st, 2015
The best
Excellent doctor! I've been with him for 14 years and think the world of him.

March 17th, 2015
I would not recommend him! His partner yes! He is arrogant!

April 16th, 2014
Horrid little man. Don't know how he is still allowed in hospitals. If you would like to leave the hospital with a healthy baby, do not let this man anywhere near you or your child.

April 16th, 2014
This Man Should Not Be in Practice
John Cimino did not even show up at the hospital until my daughter ( a first time mother) was in labor for approximately 10 hours with triplets. I saw him the first time that day about 2 hours before their births. He offered no alternatives to help stop labor. The babies died within the week which has caused untold sorrow for our entire family. He parrots the phrase, "it's just the nature of the beast" but when we needed a doctor, he was interested in his own personal activities. He is not only supremely self-indulged but also inept. If we had only known what we know now, I'm convinced that we would have those three sweet babies.

May 14th, 2013
Not What I Expected.
CONS Dr. C was very distant and rude to me because of my age. He could never answer my questions fully and treated me as if I was stupid. He insisted upon inducing me a week and a day early, claiming my son would be too big for natural delivery without even doing an ultrasound to measure him!! I was in labor for 12.5 hours and had my son on Halloween. He told me if i didn't deliver my son by 6pm he was going to do a c-section so he could take his kids trick or treating. My son had the cord around his neck and he didn't tell me that until my baby was across the room where I couldn't see him. He hurried with my stitches and left. My postpartum visit he would only give me birth control pills and I wanted a different method of birth control. He didn't do a pap or anything to make sure I was healing correctly after I told him of my pains that he said were unusual. My birth control pills made me have irregular bleeding that wouldn't end. When I went to try and change it, he refused. Then, more than a year later, I called several times complaining of unbearable pain on bad bleeding and he wouldn't make me an appointment for THREE months. I went to the ER and it turned out I had an ectopic pregnancy and my tubes were on the verge of bursting. The ER doctors were surprised they hadn't burst and I hadn't died. The ER doctor wanted me to follow up with Cimino and called him hisself. Cimino still refused to fit me in. I will NEVER go back to that doctor. EVER. PROS His nurses were all very polite and always made sure I felt comfortable. I loved his nurses. I never had to wait more than 30 minutes.

May 24th, 2012
Non-caring; Rude and doesn't have a clue!!
I would not recommend Dr.C to any of my friends. I found him to be rude and unfeeling. He doesn't have a clue. My daughter had been in terrible pain for two weeks - we went to the ER twice before he finally decided to check and see what her problem was (he didn't believe she was really in pain)because she was 18. She lost her left ovary because of a tumor growth - he doesn't have a clue as to what he is doing!!