Dr. John Clemmons MD Patient Reviews

• 26 reviews

July 19th, 2016
I was not properly medicated and the worse most painful colonoscopy I will never go back to this man

June 20th, 2016
Dr. Clemmons is a one in a million doctor. He has always taken time with me, listened to my description of my symptoms and been careful to fully diagnosis my condition. He will follow up with you even on the weekends!

May 18th, 2016
Thank you to Dr. Clemmons and his Staff
I was terrified because I was having some very severe problems internally. I was already signed up for a Colonoscopy and Endoscopy, but I needed to call the office to talk to them about my Prep. I spoke to Laura 3 different times and she was wonderful and helped me get the problem solved, and that was a huge deal...she listened and because she did, she understood and helped me fix it. When I got there today, I met her in person and she was just as kind. Then I met Dr. Clemmons who gave me back my faith in Doctors today, as well. I have seen about 6 Doctors for different things over the past 5 years, and none of them seemed to pay attention to anything I was telling them...and truly didn't seem to care. If you don't know, how can you fix something? Dr. Clemmons did. I also spent time with Patricia and Rhonda, and they were just as pleasant, and made me very comfortable. I loved this place, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thank you again. I hope I got everyones name right, if not I apologize.

May 11th, 2016
I have seen Dr. Clemons on three occasions and each time I was not disappointed. The staff was friendly the wait time was not that long. When he came in I felt at ease. He explained what was going to happen while I was there and what to expect now and afterwards. I am very pleased with everything.

May 2nd, 2016
Dr. JRC
Excellent medicine and affable manner. Efficient and accurate.

April 15th, 2016
Dr. Clemmons is one of the most conscientious doctor's I have ever had. He always takes his time with me and calls after hours and weekends if necessary to communicate with me.

March 29th, 2016
Horrible torture chamber inexperienced staff rude office manager this is what you get with Obama care

August 21st, 2015
i have physicians in my family. Dr. Clemons is clearly an outstanding doctor. I have been going to him for several years, both for gastroenterology and for internal medicine. He is extremely knowledgeable and has given my family and me nothing less than outstanding care.

May 13th, 2015
Rude and unprofessional staff
I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. Staff is rude and unprofessional. They do not return phone calls. The doctor acts as if you are bothering him when you ask questions. I should have read reviews prior to appts. Don't believe the reviews of how great this doctor is,you will regret it.

April 24th, 2015
Seemed good at first...
I made an appointment with Dr Clemmons after reading all the phenomenal reviews from others on this site. All seemed well at first, he answered all my questions and over the next couple of weeks put me through several tests I needed to take a look at things and rule things out. This is when the trouble started. After each appointment I was told the doctor would call me back on a certain day at a certain time. Over 3 different instances, he failed to call me with test results and information. I had to call his office each time to request that he call me. His office staff was always rude and acted like taking a patient's message was a huge inconvenience to them. I thanked one at one point for her time, she gave me a sarcastic "Kay." And hung up on me. One of the medications Dr Clemmons prescribed me not only didn't work, it made my condition much worse. I called to let him know this and he acted like I was insulting his intelligence by questioning this medication. He told me to "just stop taking it" and told me to keep taking the same medicine I've been taking for several years that has little effect. After a rude "yeah" he hung up on me before I could get another word out. So I am now back to square one and have to pay a new doctor to help me fix the things Dr Clemmons should have helped with. I guess he is only kind and helpful to certain patients with easy to cure problems. I'd suggest to Dr Clemmons that with his and his office staff's horrible attitude, it's time to retire.

March 20th, 2015
His assistant refused to wear gloves
I needed to have my very first colonoscopy done. I chose Dr. Clemmons, becasue he was referred to me by a friend, and because all of the reviews that I read about him were stellar! When I got to his office - I was very disappointed. He did spend time with me answering all of my questions. But I did feel as if I was a bother to him. I didn't feel as if I recieved the level of compassionate care that everyone else describes in the reviews. Also - and this was the worst part of my experience - his assistant Rhonda was very unprofessional. She came in the room and took a personal phone call. AFTER she finished her phone conversation -then she turned to me and explained that she would be assisting Dr. Clemmons. She went to start my IV - and did not wash her hands. When I asked her to please wear gloves, her response was "well I'm not dealing with any bodily fluids so I'm not in any danger - I don't need to wear gloves." I told her that I was actually more concerned about myself. She replied "well I don't have anything - I'm not contagious so no, I don't need to wear gloves." I regret that I did not walk out that very moment. Because it has been over a month and my hand is STILL sore to the touch from where she inserted the 'sterile' IV. Not only that - but the sedating medications used to make me more comfortable during the proceedure had absolutely no effect. I could feel EVERYTHING. And it was very painful. I suffered abdominal pain and was unable to have a normal bowel moment for two solid weeks after the proceedure. And more than a month later, the IV site is still sore to the touch. Never EVER again will I see this doctor. Nor will I recommend him to friends or family.

March 16th, 2015
Excellent Doc
Excellent professional. Caring and thorough.