Internist, Gastroenterologist (digestive)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 19th, 2016

I was not properly medicated and the worse most painful colonoscopy I will never go back to this man

Jun 20th, 2016

Dr. Clemmons is a one in a million doctor. He has always taken time with me, listened to my description of my symptoms and been careful to fully diagnosis my condition. He will follow up with you even on the weekends!

Thank you to Dr. Clemmons and his Staff show details Thank you to Dr. Clemmons and his Staff
by Dana on May 18th, 2016

I was terrified because I was having some very severe problems internally. I was already signed up for a Colonoscopy and Endoscopy, but I needed to call the office to talk to them about my Prep. I spoke to Laura 3 different times and she was wonderful and helped me get the problem solved, and that was a huge deal...she listened and because she did, she understood and helped me fix it. When I got there today, I met her in person and she was just as kind. Then I met Dr. Clemmons who gave me back my faith in Doctors today, as well. I have seen about 6 Doctors for different things over the past 5 years, and none of them seemed to pay attention to anything I was telling them...and truly didn't seem to care. If you don't know, how can you fix something? Dr. Clemmons did. I also spent time with Patricia and Rhonda, and they were just as pleasant, and made me very comfortable. I loved this place, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thank you again. I hope I got everyones name right, if not I apologize.

May 11th, 2016

I have seen Dr. Clemons on three occasions and each time I was not disappointed. The staff was friendly the wait time was not that long. When he came in I felt at ease. He explained what was going to happen while I was there and what to expect now and afterwards. I am very pleased with everything.

Dr. JRC show details Dr. JRC
May 2nd, 2016

Excellent medicine and affable manner. Efficient and accurate.

Apr 15th, 2016

Dr. Clemmons is one of the most conscientious doctor's I have ever had. He always takes his time with me and calls after hours and weekends if necessary to communicate with me.

Mar 29th, 2016

Horrible torture chamber inexperienced staff rude office manager this is what you get with Obama care

by A. Amdur on Aug 21st, 2015

i have physicians in my family. Dr. Clemons is clearly an outstanding doctor. I have been going to him for several years, both for gastroenterology and for internal medicine. He is extremely knowledgeable and has given my family and me nothing less than outstanding care.

Rude and unprofessional staff show details Rude and unprofessional staff
by current patient on May 13th, 2015

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. Staff is rude and unprofessional. They do not return phone calls. The doctor acts as if you are bothering him when you ask questions. I should have read reviews prior to appts. Don't believe the reviews of how great this doctor is,you will regret it.

Seemed good at first... show details Seemed good at first...
by Jane P. on Apr 24th, 2015

I made an appointment with Dr Clemmons after reading all the phenomenal reviews from others on this site. All seemed well at first, he answered all my questions and over the next couple of weeks put me through several tests I needed to take a look at things and rule things out. This is when the trouble started. After each appointment I was told the doctor would call me back on a certain day at a certain time. Over 3 different instances, he failed to call me with test results and information. I had to call his office each time to request that he call me. His office staff was always rude and acted like taking a patient's message was a huge inconvenience to them. I thanked one at one point for her time, she gave me a sarcastic "Kay." And hung up on me. One of the medications Dr Clemmons prescribed me not only didn't work, it made my condition much worse. I called to let him know this and he acted like I was insulting his intelligence by questioning this medication. He told me to "just stop taking it" and told me to keep taking the same medicine I've been taking for several years that has little effect. After a rude "yeah" he hung up on me before I could get another word out. So I am now back to square one and have to pay a new doctor to help me fix the things Dr Clemmons should have helped with. I guess he is only kind and helpful to certain patients with easy to cure problems. I'd suggest to Dr Clemmons that with his and his office staff's horrible attitude, it's time to retire.

His assistant refused to wear gloves show details His assistant refused to wear gloves
Mar 20th, 2015

I needed to have my very first colonoscopy done. I chose Dr. Clemmons, becasue he was referred to me by a friend, and because all of the reviews that I read about him were stellar! When I got to his office - I was very disappointed. He did spend time with me answering all of my questions. But I did feel as if I was a bother to him. I didn't feel as if I recieved the level of compassionate care that everyone else describes in the reviews. Also - and this was the worst part of my experience - his assistant Rhonda was very unprofessional. She came in the room and took a personal phone call. AFTER she finished her phone conversation -then she turned to me and explained that she would be assisting Dr. Clemmons. She went to start my IV - and did not wash her hands. When I asked her to please wear gloves, her response was "well I'm not dealing with any bodily fluids so I'm not in any danger - I don't need to wear gloves." I told her that I was actually more concerned about myself. She replied "well I don't have anything - I'm not contagious so no, I don't need to wear gloves." I regret that I did not walk out that very moment. Because it has been over a month and my hand is STILL sore to the touch from where she inserted the 'sterile' IV. Not only that - but the sedating medications used to make me more comfortable during the proceedure had absolutely no effect. I could feel EVERYTHING. And it was very painful. I suffered abdominal pain and was unable to have a normal bowel moment for two solid weeks after the proceedure. And more than a month later, the IV site is still sore to the touch. Never EVER again will I see this doctor. Nor will I recommend him to friends or family.

Excellent Doc show details Excellent Doc
by Nate McDuell on Mar 16th, 2015

Excellent professional. Caring and thorough.

by Elizabeth Teagle on Oct 6th, 2013

I am so thankful and grateful to have Dr. Clemmons for my doctor he is also my son's doctor. thank you Dr. Clemmons.

by Kristina Smith on Sep 20th, 2013

He listened to what I said and took the time to explain my diagnosis in detail...drew pictures to ease my understanding. VERY positive experience. Would definitely recommend him to family or friends.

Best show details Best
by Jane H. on Apr 22nd, 2013

Dr. Clemmons is one of the best doctors I have ever had. I have been to several GI doctors and had several tests done with little relief. Dr. Clemmons took the time to re-read all my tests and listen to my symptoms and he has made a huge difference in my quality of life. I am seeing hope for the first time in years. I am improving every day. His diagnosis was spot-on. His staff is always courteous, prompt, and professional. I highly recommend him.

Quality Office Staff and Dr. show details Quality Office Staff and Dr.
Jul 16th, 2012

Dr. spent time with me explaining everything in detail. He also followed up by phone the exact day and time he promised. I have had 3 different GI specialists and Dr. Clemmons has been the most professional and thorough.

Dr. Clemmons ROCKS! show details Dr. Clemmons ROCKS!
Jul 12th, 2011

I started seeing Dr. Clemmons about 2 years ago. Getting an appointment super easy, and they were great about working around MY schedule. The staff are all super friendly. I stopped in one day to make an appointment, and I wasa taken into a back office for a quick "consultation" with the nurse to discuss what I was coming in for. I have worked in many doctor's offices, and I have never seen such service to the patient. Dr. Clemmons is awesome. He actually spends time in the room with you. He is very thorough, and explains things to you in a way you can actually understand. I also love that he gives samples of a medication before prescribing- that way if the medication doesn't "agree" with you, you haven't wasted money filling a prescription that you will not use. If I could- I would give Dr. Clemmons and his staff SIX stars. Having worked for many physicians, I can tell you that this office definitely goes above and beyond most offices.

Jun 8th, 2011

excellent gastroenterologist. have been seeing him for 10 years.

No better physician show details No better physician
Dec 21st, 2010

Always respectfulKeeps up to date on patient optionsDoes not try to force his way on you, but gives you all the optionsBy far, the best doctor I have ever had.

I was late for the appt by 45 minutes show details I was late for the appt by 45 minutes
by Miss El on Jun 17th, 2010

And they still took me! I read the reviews and looked forward to an appt with Dr. Clemmons. He was as the reviews (the positive ones at least) said- caring and compassionate. He did not rush off to another patient and even asked me at the end, are there any other questions he could answer for me (and I had quite a few!). He never made me feel rushed at all and his bedside manner had me feel calmer than when I walked into the office. It bothered me that he didn't look me in the eye when he talked, but perhaps it was also because I was dressed in paper. His staff could have smiled more but I guess that is the way medical staff are supposed to be (???). Overall a positive experience and I feel confident with his care so far.

by Don Poole on Apr 14th, 2010

Dr. Clemmons and his staff were great. Very professional, helpful and caring.

Mar 12th, 2010

After spending 6 months under his care my g/i problems did not improve and in my opinion, got worst. This doctor apparently has too many patients because he spends 1 to 2 minutes with you as he runs off to see others. He makes you feel as if you are taking up his time. I definitely would not recommend him to anyone. In addition, I feel that Dr. Clemmons feels intimidated and threatened by patients that question his analysis or diagnosis.

Knowledgeable and Compassionate show details Knowledgeable and Compassionate
Sep 25th, 2009

Dr Clemmons is both knowledgeable and compassionate. He listened as I described my complex medical condition, and then offered information on the latest treatments. His bedside manners helped me feel comfortable, and he was never too busy to listen. He was extremely helpful when I needed it most!

Exceptional Service show details Exceptional Service
by Stan Ford on Sep 10th, 2009

Dr. Clemmons quickly zeroed in on the problem and had me feeling better by bedtime the same day.

Fantastic Doctor! show details Fantastic Doctor!
Aug 27th, 2009

Compassionate and caring, kind and understanding. These are the best descriptions I can give to this wonderful man. Thank you Dr. Clemmons for being my doctor!

by Elizabeth Teagle on Mar 2nd, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Clemmons of and on since 1988. He is an excellent doctor and he takes time with you as a patient. He follows up with you to discuss the tests he ordered for you I am very glad to have him as my doctor.