Dr. John Collins Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. John Collins?

Strange appointment long wait

Posted on August 28th, 2017

Front desk person so rude and snobby long wait and strangest experience ever went to better neurologist now happy would never recommend wrong DX

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!!

Posted on August 2nd, 2017

Where do I begin? Every visit is at least 2.5 - 3 hours long. This is unacceptable! If Dr. Collins spent more time reading the information he has on his patients and less time talking about his political beliefs and how he loves Medicaid and Medicare, "cause I know when I will get paid from them! Private insurances, I never know when my money will be coming in!" Seriously?? I give two cracks about your opinion! He kept telling me my Dr. Never sent the MRI results. A TOTAL LIE! Called my Dr's office while I was with Dr. Collins. Sure enough, they sent the info. THREE TIMES! (With confirmation numbers)! Collins just refused to even look for them! This was over a 4 month period! He is always saying "I think this may be your problem" ... but it never is. Three prescriptions later and I'm still no closer to an answer than I was a year ago! Oh, I threw all prescriptions in the garbage! They made my condition worse than before! Can't wait to see my regular Dr. So I can get a referral to a different Neurologist.

Posted on July 15th, 2016

This is the most amazing neurologist I have ever seen. I will be driving 2 hours for my appointments now.

So unprofessional

Posted on March 30th, 2016

In the year that I saw Dr Collins, he was never on time. I was always forced to wait, at the very least, an hour and a half. However, one day I waited over THREE hours just to be brought into the back room. I would have rescheduled if it hadn't taken me months to get in. Every time he was in the room he would start coughing, apparently due to bad allergies, which wasn't his fault of course, but prevented him from discussing my health in depth. It sounds silly, but that's exactly what happened. He did start talking about the music that was playing in the room, however, and went on a tangent about certain singers and musical eras -- a conversation which carried on for the next fifteen minutes and included the nurse who was dragged into the room to confirm a question about music. He also took a phone call in the room as well. All of this while he was already very behind and the number of people in the waiting room grew and grew. Instead of explaining treatment options or running proper tests, he GUESSED that I was suffering from epilepsy and tacked on "unspecified", wrote me a prescription and sent me on my way. It wasn't until recently that I decided to find a new doctor, because during my last visit he hadn't even read my file. He was completely unprepared and seemed like he didn't care, which made me lose my faith and trust in him as a healthcare provider.

Posted on January 22nd, 2016

Dr. Collins is truly concerned for my well-being. I would refer family and friends to him for Neurology care.

Posted on October 1st, 2015

I wouldn't recommend Dr. John Collins. I waited 2 months to get an appointment after I got a referral from my son's family doctor. Then my first appointment was rescheduled. When my son got in to see Dr. Collins, it took us one hour and a half to be called back to the room. The receptionist said the nurse would be in. She never showed. After 10 minutes, I went back to the receptionist and spoke to her about rescheduling and that the nurse never came. She spoke to the nurse and the nurse told me she would go in and ask Dr. how much longer. He said 5 minutes. We waited and he came into the room and started coughing. Had allergies he said. Instead of asking to reschedule the appt., he kept coughing and couldn't hardly answer any questions. He asked my son a few questions that he should have know had he looked at his file. Apparently he wasn't prepared and didn't look at the file. He then took a call from someone while we were in the room. I thought this was rude considering how long we waited to see him. We spent about 10 min or less because he didn't want to talk anymore due to his cough. I got nothing out of the visit but a prescription. I felt like he just wanted us to leave and he didn't give me the time of day for my questions.

Missing Dr Collins

Posted on July 27th, 2011

Dr John Collins is an amazing Physician, there is no doctor more intelligent, kind, caring, and actually takes the time to diagnosis patients correctly. He truely cares about the wellbeing of his patients. And, I plan to locate where he is practicing now so I can continue on as his patient as I'm not at all impressed with his replacement. Missing Dr Collins. :-(

I have been told Dr Collins is gone

Posted on June 15th, 2011

i am thinking he may have gotten fired. I loved the man. You know people complain about his bedside manner, but I'll tell ya this, Im sure he is banking big bucks, but when he comes in to talk to you, you would never no it. He helped me out considerable. I will find out where he is and go back to him, even if I have to take a vacation to do it. You know people and businesses base their opinions on the bad feedback, but don't realize that the good that they do get back is probably only 5% of the actually people that were happy, If patients are happy they rarely call and give praise, because that's what they expect from the doctor. Il miss him greatly

Posted on April 17th, 2011

Poor bedside manner and difficult to communicate with. Left 3 messages about medication question over 3 weeks and never got a call back.

Posted on July 9th, 2010

dr collins found my problem when so called "big time drs" could not.thanks dr collins

just a patient

Posted on January 31st, 2009

he is a dotor with a large patient load and spends more time with patient than most doctors, he seems very caring and sends you to the correct specialist if needed, i have had good appointments with him and am not (qoute) a druggie

Posted on January 29th, 2009

he does not spent enough time with patients that really need the help, but to much time with the patients that are quote, unquote "druggies". he is a very intelligent person but the way the buisness is run is very poor