Dr. John Connolly MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

no change

December 1st, 2016
ALLEN MOM OF 3
I am a new patient and am very pleased to have found such a well informed and patient doctor. He listened to a my concerns and addressed each of them thoroughly.

October 26th, 2016
Will never return.

October 7th, 2016
Worst experience ever!!
I didn't realize there were no more script refills and had pharmacy call for approval for refill. Linda called me to say I had to come in to get a refill. I told her I was out of pills. She said I had to come in that afternoon or next day before I could get more. I told her it was my busiest time and couldn't come in for a week and set appt for 8 days later. Then I get a call from CVS that my script was ready - only 5 days of pills. I called both office staff and she said she asked him to give me more and he said no. I asked to have him call me explaining that I could NOT go without medication. Sudden withdrawal dangerous. She said "I wouldn't do that if I were you!" I told her to have him call me. He never did. She was rude and basically said it was my fault for forgetting to make an appt before they ran out. She NEVER asked him to call me he said. He said "Most people take 1 a day." I told him that the prescription was for 1-3 every night and he had upped the dosage recommendation to 3 a day last time I was in. He said I needed to take responsibility for my mistake and should have made the 10 pills last by taking a lesser dose (by 50%) to make it last me. This is malpractice by him and reprehensible action by his office staff for not telling him that I said, in 3 different calls that the pills wouldn't last me. He said that they never told him I called more than once. Staff also said he was too busy meeting with patients to call patients on the phone! Never ever go here. Your life could be at stake. See patient report of dead patient due to poor care.

September 20th, 2016
Careless & Shameless
Too interested in being your buddy. I don't need a friend, I need a doctor who takes their job seriously. I want professional, sound medical advice from someone who cares about my well being. If you do too, find someone else.

September 16th, 2016
Gary Todd
Dr. Connelly is very down to earth and easy to talk to. Great with explaining what's going on and has a way of making a doctors visit fun (when he can).

April 4th, 2016
Very friendly, very kind, and he listens carefully to his patient.

April 27th, 2015
Avoid!, Texas Medical Board found Dr. Connolly violated the standard of care in his treatment of a patient that died by failing to adequately document relevant history regarding treatment of depression, anxiety and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD); review of depression symptoms; and by prescribing multiple psychiatric medications concurrently without properly monitoring or documenting.

February 7th, 2015
Look elsewhere.
Better options out there.

September 16th, 2013
Caring, excellent care doctor
Dr. Connolly takes the time to listen to your very need, you don't feel rushed. He provides excellent care.

September 13th, 2013
Be Careful
I would not recommend this physician unless you are okay with a diagnosis that is not accurate together with an excessive amount of medication that does more harm than good.

April 23rd, 2013
Extremely great guy. Takes care of all patients in a timely, professional manor and has real regard and compassion when it comes to just about everyone. Jokes around and makes the experience much more comfortable and follows up when he should. Hard-working. Friendly and someone I would recommend.

January 24th, 2013
Enter at your Own RISk
Enter at your own risk. Horrid "doctor". Pill giver. Total disregard for patient care. Be very wary of this so called "doctor".