Dr. John Costouros MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 12th, 2015
Excellent shoulder doctor
I cannot say enough positive things about my experience with Dr. Costouros. I was recommended to him by several coworkers who have seen him and have had excellent outcomes for a complicated shoulder problem that other doctors could not figure out. He was clear and compassionate. A great man and surgeon. I would recommend him any day.

August 4th, 2014
He is probably a genius when it comes to surgery. I wouldn't know. He pretty much dismissed my case as soon as he determined that I don't need surgery. Spends minimal amount of time with me. Makes the student doctors do all of the examinations.

October 27th, 2011
Excellent
This shoulder doctor is one of the best.Great knowledge, communication, bedside manner. Courteous, professional, and a great surgeon.

September 15th, 2011
Outstanding Shoulder Surgeon
I saw Dr. Costouros at Stanford for a sports injury to my shoulder. Dr. Costouros specializes in all aspects of shoulder surgery and is nationally and internationally renowned. My problem required arthroscopic surgery. He was very thorough, expained everything very well to me, had great bedside manner, and the outcome after surgery was excellent. I have been able to return to sports and have no pain. I would recommend him highly for any shoulder problems. Unlike other orthopaedic surgeons who do a little of everything, Dr. Costouros is a specialist in shoulder surgery and this makes a difference.