Dr. John Costouros Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Costouros?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 18th, 2017

Beware this doctor

This doctor failed to diagnose, failed to treat, and failed to examine me as a patient. A visit lasting less than 10 minutes to see him cost more than $1,000, paid by a reputable insurance company. Avoid this doctor at all costs.

April 16th, 2017

A heinous doctor: appalling service: 2 hours late; no diagnosis; got my name wrong; spent less than 2 minutes with me; failed to follow-up or recommend proper treatment

My experience with Dr. Costouros was a disaster. I arrived 10 minutes early for my appointment. I was seen 2 hours after the scheduled appointment time. When the Dr. did come in, he called me "James" (my name is "Taylor"), and asked if I had an issue with my hand (I was there to get my shoulder examined). He spent less than 2 minutes total speaking with me, and failed to provide anything that might resemble a diagnosis. He simply prodded and jabbed my shoulder, and then quickly departed the room, saying his physician assistant would help me. I am fully insured through Stanford University, but the Doctor was unable to tell me (1) how much my visit cost (2) what my co-pay might be (3) whether an MRI he ordered would be covered by insurance (4) who I might be able to talk to who would know the cost and co-pay information (5) whether I needed physical therapy (6) If I needed physical therapy, where I could get it; (7) whether physical therapy would be covered by insurance, or where I could find out where it would be so covered; (8) whether I needed to come back for a return visit -- I later found out that I did. In short, this doctor was appalling. I can only hope that future patients read this review before subjecting themselves to the misery of treatment as his callous hands. Kind regards.

May 13th, 2015

Excellent shoulder doctor

I cannot say enough positive things about my experience with Dr. Costouros. I was recommended to him by several coworkers who have seen him and have had excellent outcomes for a complicated shoulder problem that other doctors could not figure out. He was clear and compassionate. A great man and surgeon. I would recommend him any day.

August 5th, 2014

He is probably a genius when it comes to surgery. I wouldn't know. He pretty much dismissed my case as soon as he determined that I don't need surgery. Spends minimal amount of time with me. Makes the student doctors do all of the examinations.

October 27th, 2011

Excellent

This shoulder doctor is one of the best.Great knowledge, communication, bedside manner. Courteous, professional, and a great surgeon.

September 16th, 2011

Outstanding Shoulder Surgeon

I saw Dr. Costouros at Stanford for a sports injury to my shoulder. Dr. Costouros specializes in all aspects of shoulder surgery and is nationally and internationally renowned. My problem required arthroscopic surgery. He was very thorough, expained everything very well to me, had great bedside manner, and the outcome after surgery was excellent. I have been able to return to sports and have no pain. I would recommend him highly for any shoulder problems. Unlike other orthopaedic surgeons who do a little of everything, Dr. Costouros is a specialist in shoulder surgery and this makes a difference.

September 20th, 2017