Dr. John Cottam MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Tampa, FL

2.9

October 21st, 2016
This Doctor has a traditional approach. He is experienced and aggressively treated my problem. I have some of the reviews on here and I have to tell you that my experience was really good. I had a suspicious looking mole on my back that I was very concerned about. He looked at it and decided right away it needed to be removed. The numbing went quick. Which I appreciate! It gave me know time to panic( I have a fear of needles). The report came back and my mole had bad cells. Sure I had to wait a few weeks for results but I believe that's standard. I was set up for a surgery and within a month I didn't have to worry about this again. My scar healed nicely and I was happy with the outcome.

June 6th, 2016
Awesome Dermatologist
He was very kind and got right to the point. Office staff is very knowledgeable and courteous. Highly reccomend if you like to be in and out for appointments.

June 1st, 2016
Excellent job on my surgery. He is prompt and his staff is very knowledgeable

May 28th, 2016
Courteous and professional staff. Efficient and thorough Doc.

May 25th, 2016
AVOID AT ALL COST !!!!!!
Went to this dr for my son who had a wart onhis elbow he came in and immediately started procedure without saying anything. And when done said it was his fault for letting this happen. He then walked out without saying a word. Please U Beg you find another dr.

April 18th, 2016
Avoid him at all costs!!!!
Bed side manner of a cobra!!

February 26th, 2016
Dr Cottam and his staff are excellent! Professional yet caring. Five stars *****+

December 15th, 2015
I really appreciate all the help and understanding I receive when I visit Dr Cottams Bartow office. He has really helped my skin condition.

December 1st, 2015
Retired
I went in and wanted some minor blemishes removed. I was told it would be $200 because it was cosmetic, I said OK. He came in with his LN spray & was out in less than 5 minutes, just sprayed several spots. I paid the $200 and assumed I was done. I got a bill that didn't show the $200 I paid anywhere. I was billed for $217 & insurance paid $55 & it said I owed $135 more. $118 to destroy B9 Lesion, that never happened. He got $255 for 3 minutes spraying. I got a 2nd bill with $31.20 late fee & interest to total $176.24 now. He is a total rip off, He will never see me or any of my money in the futher.

November 3rd, 2015
Terrible service
Terrible Doctor. Spent all of 90 seconds in the room and never actually looked at the problem. He is all about the bucks and no concern with the welfare of the patient.

October 22nd, 2015
Very Unprofessional - Concerned about being paid first.
Obviously Dr. Cottman is one of the few people who went into medicine for the money. Everything was about being paid and it was up to me to deal with my insurance. Most unprofessional experience I have had at a Dr's office ever. I would look elsewhere if you are a new patient.

September 20th, 2015
Poor bedside manners and rude
I took my 18 mo old son who has eczema to see this doc. The office staff is very rude. They are NOT at all welcoming. Everything is in a FAST pace. Plus if you have other kids that are NOT being seen they do-NOT want them in the office. So make sure you have babysitters for the others. Plus when I was called back I was probably back there less than 2 mins. Doc comes in and already has prescriptions filled out. What kind of doctor gives prescriptions w/o seeing and examining you first? Not ONE time did he stop and look at my sons eczema and skin rashes. Was quick & in a hurry to give me the prescriptions and said fill & use them and come back in a month. Less than 2 mins I was back there. Will NOT go back that is for sure.