Overall Review

2.4

June 6th, 2016
Great Doctor
All of my dealings with Dr. Cotter have been very positive. He is a caring and thoughtful person and has given me sound direction in my healthcare needs. I have always been able to get a appointment very quickly. Not many doctors will take the time to listen to what you have to say about your health concerns.

September 26th, 2015
Insensitive and Clueless Physician.
I was having extreme anxiety and Dr. Cotter was my physician. I made an appointment and the day before the office called to cancel it. I over-reacted to this news and vented on the staff. Dr. Cotter then sent me a letter "firing" me as his patient. This outburst of mine was directly related to my fragile mental status and instead of viewing this as a symptom and treating me, he abandoned me as a patient. My only regret is that I didn't pursue legal action.

August 7th, 2015
Find A Different Dr.
Visiting this practice just once turned out to be the single worst health care decision I ever made. Got sick from their germy waiting room and a clerical error forced a bill from an outside lab they use sent to a non-existant address, unbeknownst to me, of course, until I got a credit report some time later. Meanwhile, I too, felt rushed by this doctor, and more like I was in a patient factory than a caring doctor's office.

October 13th, 2011
This is a beautiful office, but the care I received was less than adequate. I did not feel that Dr. Cotter cared about my concerns. He did not feel I needed follow up care. I got a second opinion and was diagnosed with Lupus. I was referred to a rheumatologist and put on medication and I am feeling better. Had I continued down the path of Dr. Cotter ignoring my symptoms, I feel that I would still have significant pain.

July 27th, 2011
Dr. Cotter would be a great doctor for someone who isn't sick...but then that person wouldn't need a doctor, would they? He seemed very rushed. He did not seem to care. The staff was rude. I would not recommend this practice.

July 8th, 2010
One of the Best
I find Dr. Cotter to be one of the few Doctors who takes time to listen to me and his bed side manner is amazing. I think he is great!

March 12th, 2010
I had an appointment at 10am and was not seen until 10:45am. The doctor seemed very rushed. He seemed unsympathetic to my complaint and did not take the time to listen and examine me properly. I pay a lot of money for health insurance and co-pays. Too bad they don't issue refunds because this was a waste of mine and the insurance company's money.

March 2nd, 2010
Office staff poor
Although I like Dr. Cotter a great deal, his office staff and nursing staff is extremely weak. I have had great difficulty getting test results. His staff puts you on hold when you call for prolonged lengths of time. Once I hung up after 15 minutes! Another time I was told the nurse would call me back in 10 minutes. After waiting for two hours and making sure the line stayed open, I called the office back only to find that it was closed. If the office staff does not improve, I will look for another doctor.

February 9th, 2010
Uncaring Doctor
Office Staff: Impersonal and uncaring. Every time I called I was put on hold for very long periods of time. Front office staff has been rude.Doctor: He barely examined me, he didn't seem to care about my problem and worst of all, he left after hearing one of my several complaints and never came back. I was told I had to make another appointment...not in this lifetime.

February 9th, 2009
This Doctor needs to take more time to listen to his patients. In our experiences dealing with him, he has rushed through his appts. and did not take the needed time to properly treat and diagnose. This approach lead to major medical issues that could have been avoided if only he had taken the time to listen to what we (our family) was telling him. What started out as a promising patient-dr relationship, ended in a extremely negative experience.