Dr. John Cottingham MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

September 12th, 2016
Excellent patient interaction, caring doctor, easy to talk to, addresses the issues and talks about options

May 19th, 2016
Dr. Cottingham is a waste of time and money
One of the most disinterested, unhelpful, condescending doctors I have ever seen. He was not even interested in looking at my blood work. Stay away!!!

April 12th, 2016
My doctor
Dr. Dottingham is a very good doctor. Shows compassion, takes time to explain and his treatment of my bronchitis was dead on.

December 2nd, 2015
Jerk
This guy is a complete jerk. Was actually told I was wasting his time. Very uncaring.

May 25th, 2010
christine
nice area, nice office - clean, curteous, doc washed his hands, girls made extra effort to check on my situation afterwards.I went in from food poisening, but evidently on tail end of it, so my immune system was weakened-not sure what came first from that, food poisening or a virus...bad week! They were willing to call in whatever I needed if symptoms didn't go away (cont.vomitting, etc.)He was open to my preference for more natural healing instead of pharmaceuticals. Previous review sounds a bit defensive about vicodin addictions - you can tell via pupil size & other reactions to opiates...no matter, I don't need to take the stuff!

August 13th, 2009
Stay away!
I started seeing him because of location and ease of getting appointment. But when my husband injured his back and went and saw him after going to the ER, he found the need to make a point, several times, that he will not prescribe any more Vicodin to my husband. We didn't need any and didn't ask for any. He went on about addiction. We let it go, but on his return visit the doctor literally told my husband to watch out for "slipping". Then he went on to explain that he was concerned that my husband was getting addicted to pain meds and "it's a slipperly slope". My husband reported that he hadn't taken but 1 pill in the last 4 days. That's been months and we still have pills left. I called the MD after the visit to confirm my husband's story and did. You have to treat your patients for pain when they are hurting. Leave the suspicion until there is something to be suspicious about.