Dr. John Cowan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 8th, 2016
He felt my age and health precluded me from further treatment of a compression fracture of a vertebrae. ..I disagree have gone through a lot back surgery would be a walk in the park...he is to timid

January 24th, 2015
He was able to help me when no one else did over aa lot of years, most just wanted to treat the pain.

October 17th, 2014
No more neck pain
Dr Cowan knows what he is doing he don't use medical terms that you don't understand he talks to you not at you and I like when he prayed before he did surgery and when I went back for my check up he walked in the room smiling because he knew he made a differents in my health thus is dr.cowan now I can go back to work with no pIn

June 11th, 2014
So thankful
Dr Cowan is very "real" he speaks plain so that you can understand what needs to be done to help you. He has done two back surgeries on me and I have been pleased with both. I found his willingness to pray before surgery a surprise but I was VERY happy to have my doctor pray for me. I woke from anesthesia telling dr Cowan he was on my top 10 list of favorite people because I woke up pain free. I still have to be careful but I am worlds better than I was.

September 2nd, 2011
EXCELLENT AND CARING
Dr. Cowan is an excellent surgeon. He was very caring and kind. He made certain we knew what was going to go on during surgery and eased all of our concerns. We have recommended him to everyone we know that has been in need of a neurosurgeon and he has performed successful surgeries on many of our friends since our experiences. If it is fixable he will fix it! :)

July 18th, 2011
Dr. Cowan performed my neck surgery
This Dr. made sure we tried every other option before considering surgery. I was very nervous, he was very reassuring and conformting. He explained everything and answered every question I had, i never felt rushed. Right before my surgery he came in and prayed with me. I have never felt so comforted and well taken care of. He had to remove 3 disc and arthiritis. It has been 4 weeks since my surgery - I feel like a new woman - thanks to this wonderful man!!!

June 22nd, 2011
Excellant surgeon. Takes the time to know his patients and their problems. Very thorough and concise. Great staff! I would highly recommend him!