A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Crates:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Crates is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Crates
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Crates Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Crates, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Crates graduated from University of Tennessee, Memphis. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Crates has 18 hospital affiliations:
- Frisco Medical Center
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John M Crates MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 20 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics.
- Where does Dr. John M. Crates practice?
- Dr. John Crates has 1 office location.
Dr. John Crates practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics near Plano, TX.
See Plano Orthopedic Surgeons and Plano Surgeons.