Dr. John Crisologo MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Beaufort, SC

September 24th, 2016
Proper Treatment
Had a mysterious bacterial intestinal ailment. He diagnosed it, and treated it properly after others guessed. Good doctor, easy to talk to.

November 9th, 2015
My favorite doctor...excellent bedside manner but focused on the business at hand.

November 7th, 2015
I have full confidence in this doctor. His gentle manner is most appreciated.

October 21st, 2013
HORRIBLE- Practice and glad I could give my money without as much as a word with Dr Crisologo
This practice is unprofessional. Constant cancelled appointments- no re-scheduling. Literally four minutes with the physician without any explanation of a potential diagnosis prior to a battery of tests. The tests were done and I have yet to see the physician. Every appointment was cancelled due to emergency surgery. Weeks later a NURSE went through the results....really? NO phone call from the Dr. nothing. Switching all together from the doctor and the practice. AWFUL AND SHAME ON YOU.

September 9th, 2013
Best doctor I have ever had! Been with him for 9 yrs.. I'm here today due to him!
First let me say , Dr.C listened to me , he did test that no other dr. would have done for a 24 year old. I was told by other doctors that pretty much your to young for any major issues blah blah. I feel Dr.C not only just helped save my life , but family as well.. All from my first scope. he helped me find out I have FAP , which was unknown about until Dr. C did proper procedures. He believed me from the start till now, when I say something is wrong! Also you can not blame the doctors at the facility in which they work in for there lack of .. Remember ,also that the fact of the matter is we are all human, sometimes doctors don't have a reason for some things. There is a process of elimination sometimes. most doctors don't care enough to listen and even try to understand , much less do test. Also, it does not hurt to ask questions, so if you walk out clueless, maybe you was not asking the right questions! I don't really have a issue with follow ups, but if you do it's not the doctors fault! Oh , and I don't believe his personal life has anything to do with him as a DR. he does his job. We all have messed up in life at one point in time or another, does't mean it should be publicized nor does it effect his credentials!

January 21st, 2010
Horrible Bedside Manner
Was given to this doctor by the hospital after an ER visit. Came in to do procedure and had horrible explanation for surgery to be done, complications, etc. When further asked after returning, he seemed offended that he was being questioned on why it was being repeated. Very evasive and even appeared to be very disconnected as to the fact that he was doing surgery - acted like he was on something. Follow-ups in office were horrible to get. Nurse kept giving us the run-around, then demanded that I come in immediately for tests, only to be admitted, which could have avoided had they called me back during my first 5 un-returned calls to the office. Many unexplained tests being recommended, but little in the way of answers on prognosis and the actual condition being treated for.Most recently cancelled appointment due to doctor being arrested for marijuana and open alcohol container and am then called and told that they are making an appointment for me with another doctor that is a nephrologist, but I haven't been told that I have a reason to be seen by a kidney doctor. Office won't call me back to explain why this is being done. Good luck trying to talk to anyone there. The welcome person at the front desk has been more helpful in finding out what is going on than anything... it's ridiculous! Changing doctors immediately. Don't bother with LCMG at all.. they are all the same.

June 19th, 2009
If you can get into see the doctor things go fine but the office either doesn't have enough phone lines and/or is short of staff. Phone calls aren't returned! Difficult to have confidence in a doctor when he is next to impossible to reach!