Dr. John Bender DO Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

• Good
  • Bad

February 16th, 2011
Did not read or follow referring Doctor's diagnosis or plan
This was a horrible experience. My wife was referred to Dr. Bender by an Orthopedist, who conveyed, in writing, to Dr. Bender, that she had a spinal condition that did not and will not show on an MRI. (Posterior disk displacement.)Dr. Bender did not follow the prescribed treatment. Dr. Bender's psychology associate asked my wife if "she wanted it plain or sugarcoated" and told her she'd be in pain the rest of her life.Dr. Bender attempted to interfere with my wife's professional standing.When asked for a report to the employer's disability administrator, I was told that the fax machine was broken; that I could not have the report since I was not authorized.When asked if Dr. Bender might have missed something, Dr. Bender, after a cheerleading session from the psychologist, proceeded to read the MRI by holding it up to a window, the MRI that we already knew was irrelevant. After a month of trusting Dr. Bender to do what the referring physician had requested, and a month of horrible pain for my wife, we discovered he had not followed the plan, nor had he so informed us.Dr. Bender reported to my wife's employer that she was using drugs of which he was unaware. In this report one of the drugs he named had been prescribed the previous day, and reported by us; the other drug he claimed she was taking illegally was prescribed -- by Dr. Bender himself.This was vindictive.We returned to the referring orthopedist, followed the plan that should have been followed for the previous many weeks. My wife improved almost immediately, was pain free in less than three months, and is not "living in horrible pain for the rest of her life."The worst care experience I have ever had.All of this is documented.I strongly urge you to find a different physician.

February 11th, 2015