Dr. John Johnson MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Huntsville, AL

March 3rd, 2017
Was still in pain after he released me 1 yr after surgery. Not sure if this was to make the surgery look successful.

August 26th, 2016
Staff is rude.
He was very knowledgeable. He did my review and ordered more test (I just had an MRI) that was suppose to be after I had PT to see if PT was helping. They scheduled the test two day after I started PT. I could not afford another co-payment and PT so I wanted to reschedule the test until after PT. His nurse called and canceled my follow-up appointment because I did not have my test done. She was very rude and hateful. Have tried numerous times to schedule the test and an follow up appointment with no success. Will not go back and do not recommend.

October 13th, 2015
Never going back
He is rude condescending and spent 5 minutes with me had 10 am appointment waited over 6 hours staff was rude won't go back

April 13th, 2015
Dr Johnson gets right to the point in such a good way. I found that in my case he was so knowledgable that he would pretty much answer all my questions before I could read them from my paper. His surgical technique was flawless with no complications. I really like him.

September 27th, 2013
Crainiotomy in 2012
Dr. Johnson successfully clipped my very large aneurysm and I was out of the hospital within a week. While always in a hurry, he was informative and efficient. Understandable to me given the low number of Neurosurgeons and high medical need. A year and a half later I am doing well and am grateful that I can still lead a normal life for the most part. I am easily fatigued and will take seizure meds for the rest of my life but I have a life thanks to him, Leonard , and the rest of their team at Huntsville Hospital. Rock on Doc!!

March 23rd, 2013
Great surgeon. Extremely nice. Does great work.
I saw Dr. Johnson for lumbar micro surgery. My surgery went great, and I was up walking around, gingerly, by the end of the day. Dr. Johnson and his staff went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable and at ease. For anyone who is nervous about this surgery, like I was, the procedure isn't that bad. There is some soreness, but I felt better after surgery than I did during the months leading in. I would recommend to Dr. Johnson to anyone.

February 26th, 2013
He is a total Jerk I waited four hours to even see him He was very dismissive and rude His physicians assistant spent more time with me then he did And he ordered test that I had just had taken I don't get it and he was a complete jerk And the patient in the waiting room Told me he paralyzed her brother would not recommend Him Andrew any circumstances. Trust me I'm getting a second opinion

May 9th, 2012
micro surgury back pain
it has been six years since Dr. Johnson performed micro surgury on my back still doing great thanks for restoring my life

March 18th, 2012
Dr Johnson operated on my husband's back and was wonderful through the entire process. He sat down when he came into the hospital room each morning and gave us his undivided attention. I really appreciate that.

December 22nd, 2010
Great surgeon!
He was awesome! He definitely helped myself (a 20 year old with a grade 3 brain tumor) out! Thanks again!

September 8th, 2010
Dr Johnson
He has been my NS for almost 10 years and he has never been rude or anything. Dr. Johnson has always been an upfront serious guy and will tell you if something's wrong with you. His bedside manner is good in my opinion, and I am glad to have him as my doctor.

June 17th, 2009
Horrible experience
Dr. John D. Johnson Jr. was the rude and most uncompassionate doctor I have ever experienced in my life. I will tell everyone how he treated my father and will make sure me or anyone in my family never has to go throw that again.