Dr. John Kelly IV Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Kelly IV?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 24th, 2017

Disgraceful

Had surgery with Dr. Kelly 5 years ago. I was grateful for the diagnosis after 10 months of seeing dozens of providers, having many tests, & wrong treatment. After my surgery I was in worst pain for a long time, was out of work for 5 + months. My last appointment, 6 months after surgery, was still in worst pain than before the surgery. He told me there was nothing wrong with my joint, he fixed it. My PT told me to get on with my life & if I was in pain it would be like having a headache, take a pill a move on. I've had intermittent pain since, have never gotten back to my activity level or quality of life since. Now am having increased pain again & need more surgery due to the issues he did not fix to start with.

January 23rd, 2016

He is the best

Dr. jelly is the best out there. He did both my shoulders years ago and I have never ha s problem since. I drove to Philadelphia from Tampa Florida to have surgery because he is so good at what he does. He had a wonderful personality and is very caring.

September 6th, 2015

questionable ethics

Butchered my leg. Severed a nerve and scarred a vein and told me my pain was just me being "anxious". Did not provide follow up care or do a work up to see why I had such pain months after the surgery. Instead, he said my pain was simply my anxiety and actually referenced this in my medical records. I had to have diagnostics done away from UPenn which showed a severed nerve and a scarred vein. Upon alerting the administration at UPenn about this they have yet to refer to a nerve or vascular doctor for a work up and for options. It's now been ten months post surgery that I have shooting nerve pain in my leg and swelling from the severed nerve and scarred vein. Terrible, unethical doctor. He may seem like he has a decent bed side manner, but try asking him "technical" questions about the procedures or recovery. He prefers to banter about the stock market and make corny jokes. Have been wholly disgusted with UPenn's failure to address the complications. Avoid.

July 28th, 2014

Say Ah.....

If ever there was a physician who enjoys his work its Dr. Kelly. He has a keen eye, a great temperament and is surrounded with the best that medical science and modern surgical technique can offer.

November 19th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Kelly by a physician in my area. The first appointment with him, he had my problem diagnosed within 5 minutes!! He is an excellent physician with great bedside manner and he really knows his stuff!! I would absolutely recommend anyone to him!!! Fabulous Dr. They're not easy to find these days!!!

September 8th, 2013

Best in the business

I was referred to Dr. Kelly after being misdiagnosed at another practice. Dr. Kelly does have a tendency to run behind on his appointments. When you see him, you will find out very quickly why that is the case. He gives you the time you need and does not rush through the appointment. The last doctor that I had was asking "any questions" as he was walking out the door. Not Dr. Kelly. All questions are answered, and you leave with confidence in the diagnosis. He is very knowledgeable. What makes Dr. Kelly stand out is his empathy. He is one of the few doctors that I feel cares about the patient and does not just treat the condition. I unfortunately ended up having surgery which was performed by Dr. Kelly. My first day home, Dr. Kelly took the time to call to see how I was doing. I have had 3 prior surgeries and none of my surgeons called me post-discharge. Overall, I feel Dr. Kelly is worth the longer wait time for appointments. By the way, his staff is very upfront when he is running late. It is all about setting appropriate expectations. Nothing is more frustrating when you are told that you will be seen "soon" and it ends up not being the case.

August 2nd, 2013

Dr. Kelly is AMAZING

I have had a lot of injuries since I was about 15 and I have seen Dr. Kelly for all of them. I am 25 years old now and I have been on crutched 14x since then. He only does shoulder and neck now, but he's also helped me fix a bursitis problem in my shoulder as well as a broken collar bone. I recently have been dealing with a bulging disk that the pain management doctor from another could not figure out and even though he doesn't see spine issues, he scheduled me in out of the goodness of his heart. I am FINALLY on my way to recovery because of him. He is an incredible person and an amazing doctor. He is thorough and careful, you can tell he knows his stuff and more importantly, he actually cares about your well-being. I have tried other sports medicine doctors and they do not compare. He is well rounded in his expertise and so if he cannot give you the best answer, he will send you to the best person for the job. I, honestly, look at him as family now. As annoying as any of my injuries have been, I get a little excited that I get to see Dr. Kelly, he is that much of a pleasure to be around. I highly recommend him to anyone dealing with any sort of injury, he's the best!

May 4th, 2012

Where do I start?

So I arrive at the office and wait about 1hr and 10 minutes to be taken back into a room. I hurt my knee lifting weights and racing motocross. The doctor puts me on crutches for a month. I follow his instructions religiously. I go back and am still having knee problems.He sends me to physical therapy, all the while the physical therapy was doing damage to my knee due to my having damaged cartilage. It has now been 10 months and I am starting to improve under instruction of a different physician.Dr. Kelly not only misdiagnosed me, but caused more damage. I will also say the PT staff was very qualified so they were not at fault, being one of the best facilities in the area.

April 28th, 2012

mxcool

October 21st, 2011

A Bully

October 21st, 2011

Bully

Oh Good... Dr. John Kelly... A horribly inappropriate and hate slinging individual. It is a shame that you would be associated with such a bully who ...

July 27th, 2011

ACL & Meniscus Repair with Dr. Kelly

I recently had my left knee ACL reconstructed and my meniscus repaired. Dr. Kelly was totally worth the wait. The reason I had to wait for the appointment with him, was due to the time that he takes with each patient individually to make sure that all concerns are addressed, and he actually gets to know you on a personal level. As far as the surgery went, 3 months post-op, and my knee is almost back to pre-injury status. I can't recommend Dr. Kelly strongly enough.