Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgeon, Internist
3401 N Broad St
Fl. 5
Philadelphia, PA 19140
(215) 615-4400
Locations and availability (20)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Say Ah.....  |  show details
by John M....... on Jul 28th, 2014

If ever there was a physician who enjoys his work its Dr. Kelly. He has a keen eye, a great temperament and is surrounded with the best that medical science and modern surgical technique can offer.

|  show details
by Kelli Miller on Nov 19th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Kelly by a physician in my area. The first appointment with him, he had my problem diagnosed within 5 minutes!! He is an excellent physician with great bedside manner and he really knows his stuff!! I would absolutely recommend anyone to him!!! Fabulous Dr. They're not easy to find these days!!!

|  Best in the business  |  show details
Sep 8th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Kelly after being misdiagnosed at another practice. Dr. Kelly does have a tendency to run behind on his appointments. When you see him, you will find out very quickly why that is the case. He gives you the time you need and does not rush through the appointment. The last doctor that I had was asking "any questions" as he was walking out the door. Not Dr. Kelly. All questions are answered, and you leave with confidence in the diagnosis. He is very knowledgeable. What makes Dr. Kelly stand out is his empathy. He is one of the few doctors that I feel cares about the patient and does not just treat the condition. I unfortunately ended up having surgery which was performed by Dr. Kelly. My first day home, Dr. Kelly took the time to call to see how I was doing. I have had 3 prior surgeries and none of my surgeons called me post-discharge. Overall, I feel Dr. Kelly is worth the longer wait time for appointments. By the way, his staff is very upfront when he is running late. It is all about setting appropriate expectations. Nothing is more frustrating when you are told that you will be seen "soon" and it ends up not being the case.

|  Dr. Kelly is AMAZING  |  show details
by Sheel on Aug 1st, 2013

I have had a lot of injuries since I was about 15 and I have seen Dr. Kelly for all of them. I am 25 years old now and I have been on crutched 14x since then. He only does shoulder and neck now, but he's also helped me fix a bursitis problem in my shoulder as well as a broken collar bone. I recently have been dealing with a bulging disk that the pain management doctor from another could not figure out and even though he doesn't see spine issues, he scheduled me in out of the goodness of his heart. I am FINALLY on my way to recovery because of him. He is an incredible person and an amazing doctor. He is thorough and careful, you can tell he knows his stuff and more importantly, he actually cares about your well-being. I have tried other sports medicine doctors and they do not compare. He is well rounded in his expertise and so if he cannot give you the best answer, he will send you to the best person for the job. I, honestly, look at him as family now. As annoying as any of my injuries have been, I get a little excited that I get to see Dr. Kelly, he is that much of a pleasure to be around. I highly recommend him to anyone dealing with any sort of injury, he's the best!

|  Where do I start?  |  show details
May 4th, 2012

So I arrive at the office and wait about 1hr and 10 minutes to be taken back into a room. I hurt my knee lifting weights and racing motocross. The doctor puts me on crutches for a month. I follow his instructions religiously. I go back and am still having knee problems.He sends me to physical therapy, all the while the physical therapy was doing damage to my knee due to my having damaged cartilage. It has now been 10 months and I am starting to improve under instruction of a different physician.Dr. Kelly not only misdiagnosed me, but caused more damage. I will also say the PT staff was very qualified so they were not at fault, being one of the best facilities in the area.

|  Bully  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2011

John Kelly is a bully and an individual who exudes hate and negativity. He spreads this filth in all he does.

|  ACL & Meniscus Repair with Dr. Kelly  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2011

I recently had my left knee ACL reconstructed and my meniscus repaired. Dr. Kelly was totally worth the wait. The reason I had to wait for the appointment with him, was due to the time that he takes with each patient individually to make sure that all concerns are addressed, and he actually gets to know you on a personal level. As far as the surgery went, 3 months post-op, and my knee is almost back to pre-injury status. I can't recommend Dr. Kelly strongly enough.

|  Best of the best!  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2011

One of the best doctors I have ever come across. Amazing bedside manner and even better when it comes to being a surgeon. Took a knee that was completely shot and made it like new. He truly knows his craft, is very forward thinking and advanced in his techniques yet still knows where the techniques came from and isnt afraid to default to what has been proven to work. His staff, residents, nurses and PT are number one next to anyone in my book, bar none. Would recommend him to anyone. He truly makes you feel as though you are his only patient and that it is his own personal journey to make you better. You can tell he genuinely takes the injury personally and will see to it that all options are explored in making sure you get better. #1! I truly believe anyone that has an issue with how he does his job needs to be a little more introspective and think about how good of a patient they are. There is a little give and take with the docto/patient relationship and you cant expect them to just be miracle workers. But if you listen to him and do as he says, you will, without a doubt, get better.

|  Not the best  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2011

Well trained doctor with lots of expertise who guessed my condition wrong and twice kept me waiting to be seen for outrageously long periods. The office staff was cold and unconcerned....in a practice where some patients (including me) were obviously feeling poorly.