A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Merlino:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 1 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Merlino is Poor.
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Merlino, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Merlino graduated from Brown University, Providence.
Dr. Merlino has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Emory University Hospital
- Tanner Memorial Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Merlino accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 24 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 8 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 26 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan