A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Mitchell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Mitchell, Associate Professor of Surgery is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Mitchell, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Transplantation
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Mitchell graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Mitchell has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Denver Health Medical Center
- University Hospital - Denver
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mitchell accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans - 6 plans
- Colorado Access Health Plan - 1 plan
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Colorado Medicaid - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John D. Mitchell practice?
Dr. John Mitchell practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Congenital Cardiac Surgery, Transplant Surgery, and Cardiovascular Disease near Aurora, CO.
Additional practice locations include: Denver, CO.
See Aurora Surgeons and Aurora Cardiologists.