A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Sheppard:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Sheppard is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Sheppard, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Corneal Diseases
- Corneal Transplantation
- Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Sheppard graduated from Brown University, Providence. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Sheppard has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Sentara Norfolk Genl Hosp
- Sentara Leigh Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John D Sheppard MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 33 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John D. Sheppard practice?
- Dr. John Sheppard has 3 office locations.
Dr. John Sheppard practices Ophthalmology near Norfolk, VA.
See Norfolk Ophthalmologists.