Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Mary Pelham White on Sep 21st, 2015

Brilliant. Dr. Sheppard conveys confidence in himself and engenders the patient's confidence. I have learned that he performs very delicate procedures with little pain or drama. He listened to me and then ordered labs to confirm the anticipated diagnosis.

by Sue Distefano, R N on Oct 31st, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. SHEPPARD since the late 80' s when he first arrived in this area. He is a caring, compassionate , top notch MD who provides the most comprehensive eye care in the area. He listens and has always answered questions willingly and without rushing through an explanation. The office environment offers the most current technology, is easily accessible and has plenty of parking. The cookies and assorted teas and coffees are a nice touch. It is true that on occasion i may need to wait a bit but emergencies happen with patients. I have been that emergency patient more than once and have been seen immediately. Many patients seen by Dr. S and other associates at VEC are complicated cases with sight threatening conditions. I trust Dr. Sheppard and the VEC staff with my vision. Thanks to his expertise and concern I have maintained my sight. My husband now sees Dr. Sheppard as well.

Terrible bedside manner show details Terrible bedside manner
by Ben Priester on Aug 6th, 2014

MY wife went in with a cornea eye tear and Dr. Sheppard didn't really talk to her or listen to her be cause he knew better. When she told him he has an extreme sulfate allergy when used as a preservative he totally disregarded what she said and prescribed antibiotic eye drops with the sulfates in it. She was already in a geat deal of pain and this just compounded the problems. When requesting something for the pain he disragarded that as well and said she would be fine with tylenol. Dr. Sheppard needs to listen and hear what the patient is saying and then ask questions to better understand. Not treat patients like sheep being herded through your office. ISn't there something in your oath that says do no harm?

Jun 20th, 2012

SUPER. CARING PROFESSIONAL

Undiagnosed.... show details Undiagnosed....
by Exhausted on Aug 20th, 2010

I noticed one of the listed specialties of Dr. Sheppard is Reiter's Syndrome. I didn't get to see Dr. Sheppard when I was scheduled to see him as he was too busy with other patients. Now, after 4 years, I'm finding my symptoms match Reiter's, yet I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet. It possibly could have been diagnosed back then if I was able to actually see the doctor I was supposed to. Still undiagnosed after 4 years.....

Programmer show details Programmer
Apr 12th, 2010

Great doc, great staff. He finally figured out my problem where many other docs failed.