Dr. John Stewart Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Stewart?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 24th, 2016

Everyone treated me rude from the get go. They made me feel like I was there for pain meds....even though I never even asked for that. I hurt my wrist and hand and use it for my career. I needed to be seen. Dr Stewart went against everything I said. He didn't have any sympathy and treated me like I was wasting their time. Saw my own physician the next day who did agree with me and cared. What a slap in the face. I took off half a day of work, paid $30 co pay and drove to Tacoma paying gas and toll and I just want pain meds? I understand some people probably do that to them but don't treat innocent people like that. I will never go back or recommend him or that staff.

January 30th, 2014

Horrible bedside manner, bad staff

I have had two appointments since my surgery with doctor Stewart. At each of them I have been left waiting for at least a half an hour, and during the most recent visit I was placed in the cast room and then another patient came in a half an hour AFTER me and was seen BEFORE me even though I told the doctor when he came I'm that I was there to see him as well. His answer back to me was a curt "I know". He proceeded to evaluate and see the other patient first, then walked out of the room with not so much as a glance in my direction. I walked out and talked to the nurse and apparently someone set the other woman's chart on top of mine. Not acceptable as a reason, there should have been some professionalism exhibited in an office where we are putting trust in people. Even though I am still in a cast I am going to find another doctor due to doctor Stewart and his staff showing a complete lack of professional decorum and respect. If I could give negative stars, I would.

September 11th, 2012

After a first visit it was decide that I would need an MRI to further confirm a ruptured tendon in my hand. After waiting two weeks for the hospital to call for an appointment, I called Dr. Stewart's office to let them know the hospital had not called. I was told that they were waiting for the appointment chart note to be transcribed so the hospital would know what to scan. A week and a half later the hospital called for the appointment. It has now been three weeks without hearing from Dr Stewart's office regarding the results of the MRI. I am in the process of finding a new hand doctor.

May 23rd, 2012

Keeps you waiting no communication.

I left since it was going to be an hour and I had other things I needed to do. Office staff should have had the courtesy to tell me he was running late. Lost it when he saw some one before me after they showed up 15 mins later. Totally unprofessional. If you don't mind waiting for an hour enjoy.

April 25th, 2012

Carpel Tunnel Surgery

I've had issues with my hands for some time. I use them extensively doing repetitive tasks. Dr. Stewart assessed the issue, and gave me time to think about surgery, which I wanted. After considering what he advised and my own experiences I opted for the surgery. The nurse giving me novocane hurt me more than the procedure. It was never painful even right after the surgery in recovery. It is slightly tender, but my fingers have experienced no numbness, have worked well, and the only negative thing is I don't have the strength in my wrist I used to, but it has only been 9 days since the procedure. I fully expect to regain strength in the wrist. I would recommend him personally to anyone and his office is also very professional.

February 22nd, 2011

Really good surgent

I had an emergency bicep-rapture surgery with Dr. Steward. He came highly recommended. My wife is an RN with a local hospital, not affiliated with Franciscan health system and at first she did not like the idea of me going to the "other guys". After the surgery and all treatment had concluded, we realized that Dr. Steward's reputation was well deserved and I strongly recommend his services to others. Dr. Steward is very professional and friendly. He even handled another issue I had that was misdiagnosed by another doctor.Dr. Steward I thank you!

June 25th, 2008

He operated on my wrist, with an idea of where my symptoms were located. However, after about 15 minutes, he closed me up, and said 'there is nothing diagnostically wrong with your wrist'. When I saw him for my follow-up, I asked what is the next step since I was still in pain and he promptly told me nothing. It should be noted that my pain persisted and ended up having a second surgery, in which I had a torn ligament and cartillage. How he managed to miss that is beyond me. I would NOT reccomend him to anyone!

February 18th, 2017