Dr. John Dawkins Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Dawkins?

June 21st, 2017

Avoid at all costs

The worst doctor I have ever seen in my life (and I have seen doctors in several countries). He only cares about the insurance companies, and he is proud of it. He refuses to give tests for co-infections when my son is clearly sick, and has a positive test (given by another doctor). He does not even know what the test results mean. I needed to educate him by sending him the CDC interpretations of the test results. The worst experience ever!

June 21st, 2017

Avoid at all costs if you care about your health

June 10th, 2013

Excellent Service--Accurate & Attentive

For a couple of years now, I have seen Dr. Dawkins for my own medical concerns and he has served as the physician for my daughter when she has needed sports medicine treatment for a few sports-related injuries. Dr. Dawkins is fantastic-as is the staff at the Del Mar Scripps Family Clinic. Dr. Dawkins has been spot on with every diagnosis. He responds to questions whether posed during the consultation or later via a follow-up phone call. Not only are his diagnoses accurate but the treatment plans are successful (the complaints mentioned in the other reviews are kind of shocking to me). We always feel like Dr. Dawkins has our best interests at heart. The staff at the clinic are friendly and efficient. In short, we highly recommend Dr. Dawkins.

April 24th, 2013

Patient

I saw Dr. Dawkins recently because I had several symptoms, including chest pain, sharp pain in my left foot, aches in my leg from a previous dog bite, and neck pain due to a previous muscle strain. Dr. Dawkins did not even allow me to finish explaining my symptoms before cutting me off and suggesting I take antacids for chest pain. I continued to explain that I really did not feel that it was acid reflux that was causing my chest pain, since I had experienced that before, and I knew that this pain was different. He cut me off again, saying that we were cutting into the next patient's time, even though it had been under 10 minutes. My appointment was a couple of weeks ago, and I am extremely disappointed. I have another appointment with him soon, and hopefully he will prove that this last experience was out of the ordinary for him.

October 3rd, 2011

Very junior. Didn't seem to listen or ask probing questions to try and better understand the issues at hand. Seemed quick to dismiss things without taking the matter seriously or taking the steps to find answers. I had to be proactive to get a referral to a specialists. He didn't offer any resolution to the matter or next steps to try and get one.

August 1st, 2017