Dr. John Deitch MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 12th, 2013
Incredibly knowledgable and compassionate surgeon
I was originally introduced to Dr. Deitch prior to an arthroscopic surgery to remove bone spurs from my right elbow. As a healthy young Penn State pitcher, with no prior surgeries, I wasn't sure what to expect; Dr. Deitch did a wonderful job of walking me and my parents through the process and preparing me for my first experience on an operating table. Post surgery he continued to be incredibly compassionate and helpful. He visited with me weekly to ensure my rehab was going well and kept my parents and coaches updated on my progress. After heeling completely and making my way back to the pitching mound, I unfortunately required a UCL replacement. (Or Tommy Johns Surgery). I did not hesitate for a second to schedule this surgery with Dr. Deitch as well, the surgery was a success. Though I wasn't able to step on a Big Ten mound again (no fault of his), I will be a able to play catch with my nephew and one day my children. Thanks doc.

October 28th, 2013
I recently had Laparoscopic shoulder surgery. Still in my first six weeks so far so good. I was to have 3 pen hole in shoulder. I think I have 5 and they look like they are going to heal without any scaring. I specifically request he not use any metal pins so he used the kind that dissolve in three years. I ask he not cut my shoulder open if he found he needed to and I believe that is why I have a couple more pen holes than at first stated, which pleases me very well. He taken his time with me, and has listened to me thus far. If while doing my recovery I feel it necessary to rewrite I surely will.

July 18th, 2013
fast doctor
I was not happy with this doctor he was very fast with my care I was in a lot of pain from surgery due to a tfcc tear in my wrist and refused any pain meds he was grabbing my wrist and it hurt so bad he was one hour late to see me and I was rushed out of the office not happy with the care