3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by MD Diplomate on Mar 22nd, 2016

If I knew that I had legal immunity, I would provide more facts than a jury would believe. There are way too many ENTs in the Atlanta area so I will go elsewhere. It is most unfortunate that I need to go outside of Emory based on true infamy from this sub-specialist. ANY other Atlanta-area ENT would finally meet my medical needs.

M.D. board certified show details M.D. board certified
Feb 5th, 2016

Review of DR show details Review of DR
by KD on Jan 23rd, 2016

This dr was terrible!! I had a bad URI probably caused by an airborne viral infection. He told me there was nothing he could do & barely talked to me because he was afraid I would get him sick! Really?? He said I had to let it run it's course. I left his office & immediately went to an Urgent Care where they did a more thorough exam. I was given scrips for antibiotic, steroid, cough syrup & inhaler. I felt better the next day & been feeling significantly better since then.

by Betty Howard on Oct 22nd, 2014

I had the best medical experience with Dr. Delgaudio. You are greeted by professional staff in white shirts and navy blue sports jackets. His nurse is very kind and always makes you feel comfortable. His PA Melisa is the best. I have complete confidence in Dr. Delgaudio. He is very gentle and has the best personality. He was very open and honest with me. I feel 100% confident under his care. I would highly recommend him!! I have a complicated case and he has taken the time to study my medical records. I have never had an experience like this with any other physician. He is a great physician. Very well accomplished in his career.

Believe the negative reviews . . . I wish I had. show details Believe the negative reviews . . . I wish I had.
by T.S. on Dec 10th, 2013

This doctor is conceded, incompetent and plain rude. The bedside manner of a wolf would be better than his. I don't know why Emory keeps him. His reviews are horrible. I wish I had listened to the warnings.

by Tim Patnode on Dec 2nd, 2013

I've been seeing Dr. Delgaudio over the past 5 years. I've found him to be very knowledgeable in his field and highly professional. He's very direct and I am also so it worked out fine for us. He's easy to talk to and I would highly recommend him for ENT problems.

The Absolute Best! show details The Absolute Best!
by Andrea M. S. on Oct 8th, 2013

I came to Dr. Delgaudio in 2008 with nasal cancer. As scared and confused as I was, I immediately felt I was in very capable hands. He spoke frankly and kindly and explained my situation and my options. He was also very patient with my family. We then went ahead with a course of treatment. Here I am five years later, in remission, and I can't imagine going through this experience with any other doctor. His staff is also incredible. Thankfully, I haven't had the need to refer anyone to him for nasal cancer but I have referred more than a couple of friends who were looking for an incredible ENT.

Patient show details Patient
by Michael J. Bowers on Sep 18th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr DelGaudio for about three years. In all regards I rate him clearly outstanding. He performed extensive surgery on my sinuses, and I could not be more pleased with the result. I highly recommend him.

Sep 11th, 2013

I was very satisfied with my office visit with Dr. Delgaudio. I had read the negative reviews on this blog and was hesitant to see him. He was courteous, professional, and efficient. He was very direct, which I like, and I did not interpret this as rude or arrogant. I would recommend him to anyone and will continue to have him take care of my ENT issues.

Exceeded expectations show details Exceeded expectations
Aug 25th, 2013

Great physician. I had seen many doctors for my problem without much improvement. Dr. DelGaudio was my last resort. I was not holding out much hope, but he really made an effort to understand my problem. He has helped me more than all of the previous doctors combined. I am very grateful.

Very professional show details Very professional
Aug 22nd, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Delgaudio for two years. At alm of my visits he has been very professional, attentive, and I have received nothing but the best care.

Very satisfied show details Very satisfied
Aug 22nd, 2013

Caring, efficient, and very funny. I was happy with my medical care and the interactions with Dr. DelGaudio and his staff.

Excellent Physician, Highly Recommend show details Excellent Physician, Highly Recommend
Aug 22nd, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. DelGaudio for several years and have never had a bad experience. He has a busy practice, which indicates to me that he is in demand, but i have never had to wait long. I have always felt that he really cares about my health. His staff is excellent. I would highly recommend him. I have never seen or experienced any of the negativity that has been written in any of the other reviews. If you need a sinus surgeon who will give you the best care possible you should see Dr. DelGaudio.

by Andrea on Aug 21st, 2013

I was referred to Dr. DelGaudio for a very serious diagnosis of cancer in my sinuses. I had seen another ENT doctor in Atlanta who told me that I would need a possibly disfiguring surgery for this problem, and it was a surgery that he didn't feel comfortable doing. I read his reviews on this site and was concerned about seeing him because of the negative reviews. After seeing him I could not believe that this was the same doctor that those negative reviews were written about. He was caring, attentive to my concerns, and calmed my fears about the surgical procedure that I needed to treat my sinus cancer. He was not arrogant but was very confident in what he could do for me. And he followed through with everything he told me at the initial visit. He was able to perform the surgery through my nose with no changes in my appearance. I am now over a year since my surgery and am free of cancer. I am so blessed to have found him. I would recommend Dr. DelGaudio to anyone, including my family.

Highly Recommend Dr. DelGaudio show details Highly Recommend Dr. DelGaudio
by From ATL on Aug 21st, 2013

Dr. DelGaudio listened to my concerns and answered all of my questions. He is experienced and knowledgable and came highly recommended by other physicians in his field. I highly recommend Dr. DelGaudio.

Excellent Physician show details Excellent Physician
by AS on Aug 18th, 2013

I have been very pleased with Dr. DelGaudio. He is professional and an expert at what he does. He did an excellent job on my surgery for a problem other ENTs were unable to correct in previous surgeries. I highly recommend Dr. DelGaudio and wish I had seen him before the others.

Excellent physician show details Excellent physician
by Cynthia Block on Jan 24th, 2013

I found Dr. DelGaudio to be an excellent physician for many reasons. He (and his CNP, Melissa) spent much time with me and explained my diagnosis and need for surgery without condescension, and answered all of my questions to my satisfaction. My postop visits were the same...answering all of my questions/issues after the surgery. I don't have anything negative to say about this doctor! I would trust him to treat my family or friends without hesitation.

Jun 26th, 2012

Great dr. & experience!

Horrible experience show details Horrible experience
Mar 6th, 2012

Though the office staff and resident doctor who saw me were very courteous and professional, my experience with the doctor was horrible. He was so arrogant and harsh that in the back of my head I was wondering whether this was actually happening. I felt like I was being practically yelled at for my health complaints. He spoke down to me like I had just fallen off the pumpkin truck. I have little faith that his diagnosis was accurate as it does not even address my primary complaint. I would never, ever go back there again.

Poor all the way through show details Poor all the way through
Dec 18th, 2011

I have actually been an Emory fan up until now...even with a few issues here and there in the past...I still would go assuming the positive at other visits. This was just an all around bad experience. From the receptionist to the doctor, no one was engaged and actually cared about patient concerns and any kind of a smile...forget about it. One of these things occurring, not so bad,...but all of them?

ARROGANT HOT SHOT show details ARROGANT HOT SHOT
Sep 20th, 2011

I got referred to this Doc by my exceptional primary physician and this is probably the first mistake he has made. Dr DelGaudio was arrogant and did not answer my concerns. He was rude also with the residents who seemed to care more about me than himself. The procedure to look at my nose hurt tremendously and he seem not to care about my distress. He needs to be reminded that he is there to help people that trust him and relays on not only his knowledge but professionalism. MD's are as human as all of us so nobody is above anyone. Medical school is for people with passion and love for their careers and their patients.No recommended.

Dr. DelGaudio is rude and unprofessional show details Dr. DelGaudio is rude and unprofessional
Jun 17th, 2011

My overall exprerience with Dr. DelGaudio was horrible. He entered the room after 45 minutes of waiting with a harsh and aggitated tone asking, what's the problem. He did not listen and seemed eager to leave. I couldn't believe I had to defend my concerns. I had to keep repeating myself because he wouldn't listen. He is mean, unprofessional, and rude. I will never return to this practice. He needs to work on his interpersonal skills with patients. I do not recommend Dr. DelGaudio to anyone, unless you want to be treated with no respect or geniune concern.

Dishonest show details Dishonest
by Jim Watson on Feb 15th, 2011

I had a somnoplasty performed by Dr. DelGaudio. He told me that if the procedure was not successful, a second procedure would be free of charge. I need a second procedure, but I was told by his nurse that it would be a second consult and I would have to pay for the procedure. The way I run my business, if I promise you something, I'll honor my promise. This is not the case with this practice.

I love Dr. Delgaudio show details I love Dr. Delgaudio
Dec 13th, 2010

Best ENT ever compared to the others I have been to, and I have had sinitis for atleast 15 years. The surgery was painless compared to the others. He takes his time to make sure you understand. Yes the endoscope hurts but he does try to numb it, but it's all a part of what you do to stay healthy. He is very sweet and loves donuts.

Don't Do It show details Don't Do It
Sep 16th, 2010

Very rough treatment, no bedside manner, no compassion, this doctor should be in the academic setting only.

I dont think this guy knows how to smile show details I dont think this guy knows how to smile
by uffa on Aug 26th, 2010

I went to Dr. Delgaudio to get a second opinion and he used the endoscope to look into my sinuses. I have had this done several times before by other doctors, and never had it HURT SO MUCH. As he was inspecting me, he was watching the monitor and paid no attention to the tears that were streaming down my face, he just continued to identify all the things he could see and impress everyone in the room with his endless knowledge of the sinuses (the room was filled with people, including the PA and 2 residents, who never had my consent to be in the room). The assistant eventually handed me a tissue to mop up the tears, so im glad she was there! My face hurt until the next day, when the trauma he inflicted triggered a migraine that i woke up with. this doctor has absolutely no compassion!

Extremely concerning encoutner show details Extremely concerning encoutner
Feb 23rd, 2010

I am a medical doctor who was referred to Dr. Delgaudio. I asked him how many surgeries of the type he was recommending for me he had done, and, after acting a bit offended by the question, he answered that he had been doing this for a long time. I later found out that he rarely performed the surgery indicated. He recommended a biopsy that multiple experienced specialists have recommended against. In the process, the decision-making seemed to center around what was easiest or most politically correct for him rather than what was medically best for me. I suspect that he has some surgical skill when performing within his area of focus, which appears to be sinus surgery; however, based on my experience I would not recommend him. I would go with a more experienced and trustworthy provider.

Worst Experience show details Worst Experience
by Eric de la Garza on Feb 10th, 2010

My experience with Dr. Delgaudio was the worst experience I have ever had with any doctor. He was extremely rude, combative, and disrespectful. I do NOT recommend him to anyone. Please look elsewhere.

Bedside Manner is very poor. show details Bedside Manner is very poor.
by ... dissatisfied with Dr. DelGaudio on Oct 17th, 2009

Dr. DelGaudio has treated my wife, father and myself. With all three of us, he has proven to be rude, abrupt and downright condescending. This doctor told my father "I can't do anything for you" with his back turned to my father as he walked out the exam room door. This exam visit totaled about 4 minutes With my father. With me, he insulted me for having used over the counter nasal spray and told me I have poor judgement and a weak character for using the OTC product. My wife was equally insulted. We've all found other ENT doctors and are much happier. This doctor needs an attitude check and some training on bedside manner.