A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Dervan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Dervan is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Dervan, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Dervan graduated from Saint Louis University. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Dervan has 13 hospital affiliations:
- John T Mather Memorial Hospital
- Stony Brook University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Dervan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 13 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 34 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John P. Dervan practice?
Dr. John Dervan practices Cardiovascular Disease and Cardiology near East Setauket, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Port Jefferson, NY.
See East Setauket Cardiologists.