inactive

John F Dery Jr DO Patient Reviews

• 2 reviews

April 24th, 2014
Concerned Mother
My daughter has severe mental health and emotional problems and is seen by a psychiatrist at Sparrow St. Lawrence, the same hospital as the ER where she saw Dr. Dery. My daughter will attempt to use extreme measures to get her way such as threatening suicide on an almost daily basis. She is 15 years old and is fully capable of staying home alone. She refused to attend school, a common occurrence that turns physical if I try to make her, I had to go to work so she was home alone. She wanted me to give her cell phone back, which was taken away for refusing to get up for school, and if I did not she said she would commit suicide. Not really a threat since she says this about everything. When I did not promptly return home to give her back her cell phone she called 911. When police and EMT's arrived she put on a show for them and frightened them enough to transport her to the ER where she continued this charade for Dr. Dery. He gobbled up her lies by the handful and called CPS because she told him we neglect her. Dr. Dery and a CPS worker then did not consult her psychiatrist or Community Mental Health to find out her background. Which would have revealed that she does this all the time for attention. Instead Dr. Dery and the CPS worker took it upon themselves to tell me I am a neglectful parent and I could lose my job, custody of my child, etc.. But since they could not find any real evidence that she is neglected and she had no physical ailments they had to release her but had her transported to Community Mental Health. At CMH they assessed her and like all the times in the past that we have been to CMH they said this is obvious attention seeking behavior. They encouraged my daugther to seek alternate coping skills for her problems rather than stirring up a big mess because she is upset. She was released to my care after 15 hours of dealing with this. All of this could have been avoided if Dr. Dery had done some research, called her psychiatrist, or read notes from her past visits to the same ER. Instead he went above and beyond and created a circus that has now cost the CPS worker that he involved her job for making threats to me that her boss said were uncalled for and completely outside the guidelines for a CPS worker. The source of the problem is Dr. Dery and he should be reprimanded professionally for doing this to me and my family. Hopefully your family is not targeted next.

October 3rd, 2011
Dr. Dery Is Wonderful
Dr. Dery recently treated our 16 year old daughter at Sparrow St. Lawrence ER. He was extremely thorough with his diagnosis, explanations, and answering all of our questions. Spoke directly to our daughter and made sure that she understood what was happening. VERY COURTEOUS! I wish he had his own practice because we would definitely want to have him as our primary care physician.

March 17th, 2011
Outstanding Bedside Manner
Dr. Dery recently took care of my mom in the Sparrow ER. He was so caring and personable. He treated her like his own mother and my mom was very impressed and comforted by his attention to her. She is dealing with an brain anuerysm and plans to visit him when she is better to let him know how much his personal care and expertise meant to her.