J M Desaloms, MD
8230 Walnut Hill Ln
Ste 220
Dallas, TX 75231
214-750-3646
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 3rd, 2014

I was interviewed by his PA who was ver thorough and caring. But Dr. Desaloms was just great. My surgery was scheduled promptly and I had great results. Dr. Desaloms explained everything to me and my family before and after the surgery. I definitely would recommend him

|  spine surgery  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2014

If you have a cancerous tumor around your spine do not let this dr. perform surgery on you. You may die 3 months later cancer spreads when you have surgery. And you will probably never see him again in he hospital or the office for a follow just his nurse.

|  DBS Surgery  |  show details
by Gary Schmitz on Jun 1st, 2013

Dr. Desaloms and his staff far exceeded my expectations during and after my Deep Brain Stimulation surgery. All my questions were answered whenever I had one and all my fears were laid to rest before and during the surgery. The care and concern they showed was extraordinary. I cannot say enough good things about the group. The staff and the Doctor are a well oiled machine that performed from my first visit through my after care. Highly recommend for the DBS surgery!!!

|  Cashier  |  show details
by Jasmine on Apr 11th, 2013

He is an angel send to earth by our lord.he is a wonderful doc,he did my hus surgery. Of DBS ne is completely alright.god bless him n his staff

|  Dr. Desaloms is GREAT-- DBS Surgery  |  show details
by PhilSinTX on Sep 14th, 2012

After two DBS surgeries that ended with system failures, I went to Dr. Desaloms. This is a very intricate surgery. He did a fantastic job, and I am functioning with Parkinson's better than previously. He explained everything thoroughly, has an amazing personality, and took tons of time answering our questions. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Desaloms-- clearly, he is among the best docs I have EVER been to!!! (Note: I think the picture you have of him is WRONG!)

Apr 19th, 2012

My initial appointment was rescheduled 3 times. When I arrived, I waited almost 2 hours to see the doctor. I saw a nurse, then another, then the doctor, who all did the same 'tests' on me. When I tried to reschedule after over 1 hour had passed after my appointment time, the receptionist got an attitude. The doc spent 5 minutes with me and then ordered an MRI (he had one from 10 months earlier). I scheduled a follow-up, but then called to question if I really needed the MRI. No one called back. Today is my follow-up. I never heard anything, so I called to see if I should go. They never called to confirm, never returned my call about my questions, NOTHING.

|  Paula Linder  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2012

Dr. Desaloms is a great doctor, and a wonderful human being. When I was at my lowest point in my life he talked with me and gave me so much encouragement. God Bless him

Apr 19th, 2011

Dr. Desaloms did a minimally invasive TLIF fusion at L4-L5 for me and I hit the jackpot when I was referred to him. I had previously been seen by an Orthopedic Surgeon who wanted to do the maximally invasive TLIF after an MRI. Dr. Desaloms also ordered a myleogram which pinpointed the problem and allowed him to give me the option that I chose. He is the kindest doctor I have ever dealt with...very concerned and totally "in the moment" when you are talking to him. He doesn't make you feel like he is speeding through his 5 minutes with you in follow up but takes his time. It has been a totally positive experience for me and has gotten the results we were looking for in relieving my pain.

by Cindy S. on Sep 15th, 2010

I had another neurosurgeon who looked at my MRI for about 3 minutes and told me my problem was all in my head. Dr. Desaloms was referred to me by a friend - I went to Dr. Desaloms and he did everything possible to help me. I eventually had spinal fusion surgery to help my "problem in my head." Dr. Desaloms is extremely knowledgeable and has a wonderful bedside manner. I wouldn't have any other doctor perform surgery on my back but Dr. Desaloms.

|  patient  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2010

Dr Desaloms is an outstanding surgeon and person. Incredibly knowledgable, caring, communicative, etc. I think he is the very best in the area!

|  Great Experience  |  show details
by For Back Pain Sufferer on Jul 26th, 2010

After visiting another and being told that I needed to have numerous vertabrae fused, I went to visit this doc.He didn't only look at the MRI,as the other did. His PA did an exam, then he came in and did an exam. Only after that, he looked at the MRI.His diagnosis was different. I opted for the surgery and immediately felt better.I highly recommend him.

Nov 13th, 2009

He's a quack. I had numerous complications after my back surgery. Poor bedside manner.