Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon

Surgical Oncology Assoc
2219 Ocean Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11229
718-376-6580
Locations and availability (6)

3.0

|  arrogant and unprofessional  |  show details
Sep 23rd, 2013

i would never use Dr. Deysine again, He tried to talk me out of having an MRI of my breast by saying the insurance company would never approve it. Instead he wanted to surgically remove an area of my breast which he previously did a needle biopsy on and was benign.After waiting almost three hours in his office he rushed me before I had a chance to ask him about my concerns. Kim and Stacey told me they would try to make arrangements and contact my insurance company for the MRI. A month went by and I never heard from them. In the meantime, I found a wonderful breast Doctor and within twenty four hours I was approved for the MRI. It showed no sign of any malignacy. It is clear that Dr. Deysine would prefer to perform unnecessary surgery than have a patient have an MRI

|  The Best Doctor Ever!  |  show details
by Elizabeth R. on Jul 6th, 2013

On April 4, 2013 I was given a CT Scan at Methodist Hospital, at the request of my PCP at the time, Dr. Iftikhar Din. The results revealed a 2cm x 6cm soft fatty tissue tumor on the left side of my neck. Dr. Din recommended that I see Dr. John Deysine. My experience from the moment I walked into Dr. Deysine’s office was an unforgettable one. His staff, Kim, Stacy and Judy (who I immediately labeled “Deysine’s Angels”), greeted me warmly and eased my fears from day one. After several appointments and a biopsy (which, thankfully, came back benign), my surgery was scheduled for May 8, 2013 at Methodist Hospital. That morning, Dr. Deysine similarly gave me faith, hope and comfort in the operating room, and performed a successful surgery. My scar is barely visible! I will always remember Dr. Deysine’s kindness and professionalism. No one is more terrified of doctors and hospitals than I. Aside from giving birth to my son in 1980, this was my very first surgery and hospital stay. Dr. Deyine and his Angels provided a smooth transition to a very traumatic event in my life. I recommend him highly and without hesitation to anyone needing treatment or surgery in the area in which he specializes.

|  My experiance  |  show details
by Irina on Mar 22nd, 2013

I had a very good experience here. The staff was terific. Kim is very knowledgeble. About his bed side matter. The doctor is very nice but he is not a shmoozer, but so what!!! As long as he knows his job and does right by me. That's all that matters. My Gynecologist Dr. Lantners sent me over to him because my memogram showed calcification on my right breast. I went to see Dr. Deysine and he sent me to Dr. Kashanian,s office at select diagnostics. Dr. Kashnian is excellent and is very nice and patient. I needed to have a biopsy. My results came back as carninova insitu cancer. I was shocked, off course. I just had surgery on the 14th of march. They were very thorough at Methodist hospital on the day of my surgery. The staff treated me very nice. I had a very positive experience unlike the other woman. Ok so the doctor is not a commedian, so what. As long as he takes good care of me that's all that matters

|  ms  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2012

he is condescending and insecure, probably not very comfortable with his training.

|  DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR!!!  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2010

I had my mammogram done at the different facility, and was told that there were mild changes but nothing serious found, and the biopsy was not necessary. I decided to have it done anyway. Since I've been Dr.Khafif's patient for more then 20 years, I decided to return there, to have my biopsy done, now by Dr.J.Deysine since Dr.Khafif retired.After the biopsy, I returned to his office to learn of the results. Dr.Deysine walked in and just casually, as a matter of factly, told me: "You have cancer, we need to make an appointment for your surgery." I am not going into the details of how I felt, but the appointment was made. My daughter had a very uneasy feeling about the whole ordeal, and we decided to see another breast surgeon and have the surgery done elswhere.When I called Dr.Deysine's office and notified his receptionist, Kim, that I was cancelling the surgery and will have it done with another surgeon, her answer to me was: "I hope you do understand that you were no longer welcome at our place."At first I was lost for words for such rudeness and unprofessional attitude, but then added that her comment just confirmed that I made a right decision to transfer my care to another place.This is my health, and it's me who chooses who cares for me and operates on me. Please, think twice before letting this doctor or his staff to take care of you. There are plenty of physicians who treat you with care and respect.

Doctor's Response

If a patient desides to have surgery elsewhere it would be impossible to return to the first surgeons office as a surgical patient. If surgery was already done there would be no need for our service.It would be unprofessional to take responsibility for another doctors work, therfore, all post surgical care would have to be provided by the doctor who did the surgery. I am sure this patient misunderstood what was told to her.