Dr. John Dickerson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Dickerson?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 9th, 2017

Our experience with staff was very unsatisfactory

PA we saw at hospital was rude, dismissive, and even laughed at one of our questions. Nurse we saw for incision check questioned every answer I gave to her questions. It was as if she didn't believe me when I said I couldn't swallow and had lost 40 pounds since surgery.

October 31st, 2016

I'm not sure WHY I'm returning to this facility. Dr. Dickerson is an excellent surgeon, but it has taken me about 5 months to get an x-ray examined and an appointment set ....for February (which is another 4 months away for a total of over 9 months since first contact) I have addressed this problem with Dr. Dickerson in person. Nothing was changed, if anything the situation has gotten worse. What do you do when the wait affects your belief in the doctor? It's rather like being in line at MacDonald's for a burger and being told repeatedly that the cook is on break, but someone else will be there soon...and then that the cook quit, but the replacement should be on his way. "What was that order again? We're out of cheese, but the delivery truck will be here in just a minute. Could you please pull over to the drive thru wait parking space?" A half hour later, you go into the establishment to find out what happened to your order. "Oh, that must have been Mary...her shift ended and she went home. What was it you wanted?" That's how I feel. If this next segment doesn't go smoothly, I will never return again. My family members will never be back. A friend has already decided not to see what can be done for his back.....he has observed the many roadblocks to finally getting in to see the doctor. Most of the staff is very friendly. But NOTHING is ever able to expedite the delays. Patience, sweetness, understanding, and finally urgency (yes, I HAVE been in severe pain since May!) seems to be able to shake these people. I've never experienced anything remotely like this in any state in the union. Actually, it is fascinating...like watching a snake coil and wondering if it will really strike. (In this case it finally did, but only just before it died of old age. lol) Oh well, it will make a good chapter in the book I am writing. Uh huh

September 22nd, 2015

Dr. Dickerson accurately diagnoses the problems with my back and made sure that he adjusted his surgery and did a beautiful job of alleviating my pain.

March 13th, 2015

As far as I'm concerned Dr Jon Dickerson is THE VERY BEST!

October 2nd, 2012

Good surgeon leaves me feeling neglected

When I first saw Dr. Dickerson, I felt very ar ease. He knew what he was talking about and made me feel as though I was making the best decision for myself. He did my disc replacement and everything seemed to go well. Except for the fact that it was a P.A. who released me from the hospital. Follow up @ 3months, I saw the P.A. again. Started having issues with surrounding discs, saw a completely different P.A. I am unable to get in for an appt in less than a month. The office has rescheduled appt the past 3 times an appt has been set(one was rescheduled the day of). When an appt is held, I wait a minimum of 1hr in the waiting room, not including the wait in the office. The last P.A. that I saw sent me to get an injection of the wrong kind. She sent me to get a facet block when I needed a transforaminal injection(good thing the Dr who does my injections pays attention to detail and set that straight right of the bat). I have also called the office 3 times and there was no record of my inquiries(same staff member all 3 times). Here I am, 16 months post op and have yet to see my surgeon. I went from feeling confident with my surgeon to barely remembering what he looks like. I just wish that the only reason for that was because everything was fixed. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

April 13th, 2012

Perhaps he is TOOOO busy?

When my daughter was admitted to the hospital, Dr. Dickerson was assigned to her case. I was deeply impressed by his bedside manner and willingness to discuss the surgery and recovery. She was happily released in a few days. WEEK one, we had a surgical compication and were referred to a general surgeon for abdominal repair. We have had a concern since, but gen surg considers her Dr. Dickerson's patient. Dr. Dickerson's office keeps referring us to our GP or the gen surg. She had a CAT scan and after I Fed-Ex'd it to Abay, it took 3 weeks for it to be looked at - and that was only after I became very pushy. We have not seen or heard from Dr. Dickerson since we left the hospital. All calls are handled by a secretary, our follow=up visit was handled by his staff. They are personable and knowledgable, but I really would have felt better thinking we were still his patients.I am to have sugery on my neck/spine soon and I sent my MRIs to Dr. D. His secretary told me after a 3 week wait that I had severe problems, but Dr. D was scheduling over 4 months out for new patients. I was told to consult my GP about epidurals and therapy. I really like this man, but I am probably going with a different doctor simply because I need to know someone is there if I need him/her. And I really don't want to wait 2 or 3 or 4 weeks for a "concerned response" from his secretary.

March 8th, 2012

Had to wait 6 weeks for an appointment but it was well worth the wait.Dr. Dickerson identified the problem others had missed. Surgerybrought total resolution to a very painful & difficult problem of one year duration. In addition he is an empathic and personable physician.

May 27th, 2011

Couldn't ask for a better doctor...

I just had my 5th surgery done by Dr. Dickerson. I have had multiple microdiscectomy's and laminectomy's. At the age of 34, I was told I have the worst back this doctor has seen in a person my age. I am having a multilevel fusion done later this year. I have had a LOT of experience with this doctor and can say wholeheartedly, I would recommend him to anyone. He truly cares for his patients. His bedside manner is unmatched and I challenge anyone to find a more skilled surgeon. The bad thing about having such a GREAT doctor is the wait to see him. It's a small price to pay for fantastic medical care. I couldn't ask for a better doctor. Thank you Dr. Dickerson!

May 3rd, 2011

this is the most careing doctor i have ever seen in my life. i am 47 & i have seen many. he is such a kind man & really cares about his patients. hard to find now days. he's an excellent surgeon also. i would trust no one but him to ever cut on me again. he is one of the BEST!

August 26th, 2010

Mr.

His diagnosis and procedure were right on. From 10 years of leg pain to zero in one day.

December 14th, 2009

Dr. Dickerson was called in to do surgery when our 11-yr old son had a bicycle accident and received a skull fracture and brain bleed. We were very impressed with him. He was calm and pleasant. He spent plenty of time explaining the surgery needed to repair his injury and what to expect after the surgery. Great bedside manner! His staff was very knowledgeable as well. We trusted that our son was in the right hands. He seemed to have a good reputation at the hospital. Our son made a full recovery. We would highly recommend Dr. Dickerson to anyone needing a Neuro Surgeon!!

November 11th, 2009

I have seen past xrays of my cervical spine and believed it to be beyond repair. (I know how to read such) His surgical technique worked wonders for this area of my spine and eliminated some quite uncomfortable pain.I would recommend him to anyone, and not just for cervical spione needs!