Dr. John Dickerson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 22nd, 2015
Dr. Dickerson accurately diagnoses the problems with my back and made sure that he adjusted his surgery and did a beautiful job of alleviating my pain.

March 13th, 2015
As far as I'm concerned Dr Jon Dickerson is THE VERY BEST!

October 1st, 2012
Good surgeon leaves me feeling neglected
When I first saw Dr. Dickerson, I felt very ar ease. He knew what he was talking about and made me feel as though I was making the best decision for myself. He did my disc replacement and everything seemed to go well. Except for the fact that it was a P.A. who released me from the hospital. Follow up @ 3months, I saw the P.A. again. Started having issues with surrounding discs, saw a completely different P.A. I am unable to get in for an appt in less than a month. The office has rescheduled appt the past 3 times an appt has been set(one was rescheduled the day of). When an appt is held, I wait a minimum of 1hr in the waiting room, not including the wait in the office. The last P.A. that I saw sent me to get an injection of the wrong kind. She sent me to get a facet block when I needed a transforaminal injection(good thing the Dr who does my injections pays attention to detail and set that straight right of the bat). I have also called the office 3 times and there was no record of my inquiries(same staff member all 3 times). Here I am, 16 months post op and have yet to see my surgeon. I went from feeling confident with my surgeon to barely remembering what he looks like. I just wish that the only reason for that was because everything was fixed. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

April 13th, 2012
Perhaps he is TOOOO busy?
When my daughter was admitted to the hospital, Dr. Dickerson was assigned to her case. I was deeply impressed by his bedside manner and willingness to discuss the surgery and recovery. She was happily released in a few days. WEEK one, we had a surgical compication and were referred to a general surgeon for abdominal repair. We have had a concern since, but gen surg considers her Dr. Dickerson's patient. Dr. Dickerson's office keeps referring us to our GP or the gen surg. She had a CAT scan and after I Fed-Ex'd it to Abay, it took 3 weeks for it to be looked at - and that was only after I became very pushy. We have not seen or heard from Dr. Dickerson since we left the hospital. All calls are handled by a secretary, our follow=up visit was handled by his staff. They are personable and knowledgable, but I really would have felt better thinking we were still his patients.I am to have sugery on my neck/spine soon and I sent my MRIs to Dr. D. His secretary told me after a 3 week wait that I had severe problems, but Dr. D was scheduling over 4 months out for new patients. I was told to consult my GP about epidurals and therapy. I really like this man, but I am probably going with a different doctor simply because I need to know someone is there if I need him/her. And I really don't want to wait 2 or 3 or 4 weeks for a "concerned response" from his secretary.

March 8th, 2012
Had to wait 6 weeks for an appointment but it was well worth the wait.Dr. Dickerson identified the problem others had missed. Surgerybrought total resolution to a very painful & difficult problem of one year duration. In addition he is an empathic and personable physician.

May 27th, 2011
Couldn't ask for a better doctor...
I just had my 5th surgery done by Dr. Dickerson. I have had multiple microdiscectomy's and laminectomy's. At the age of 34, I was told I have the worst back this doctor has seen in a person my age. I am having a multilevel fusion done later this year. I have had a LOT of experience with this doctor and can say wholeheartedly, I would recommend him to anyone. He truly cares for his patients. His bedside manner is unmatched and I challenge anyone to find a more skilled surgeon. The bad thing about having such a GREAT doctor is the wait to see him. It's a small price to pay for fantastic medical care. I couldn't ask for a better doctor. Thank you Dr. Dickerson!

May 3rd, 2011
this is the most careing doctor i have ever seen in my life. i am 47 & i have seen many. he is such a kind man & really cares about his patients. hard to find now days. he's an excellent surgeon also. i would trust no one but him to ever cut on me again. he is one of the BEST!

August 26th, 2010
Mr.
His diagnosis and procedure were right on. From 10 years of leg pain to zero in one day.

December 14th, 2009
Dr. Dickerson was called in to do surgery when our 11-yr old son had a bicycle accident and received a skull fracture and brain bleed. We were very impressed with him. He was calm and pleasant. He spent plenty of time explaining the surgery needed to repair his injury and what to expect after the surgery. Great bedside manner! His staff was very knowledgeable as well. We trusted that our son was in the right hands. He seemed to have a good reputation at the hospital. Our son made a full recovery. We would highly recommend Dr. Dickerson to anyone needing a Neuro Surgeon!!

November 10th, 2009
I have seen past xrays of my cervical spine and believed it to be beyond repair. (I know how to read such) His surgical technique worked wonders for this area of my spine and eliminated some quite uncomfortable pain.I would recommend him to anyone, and not just for cervical spione needs!

March 21st, 2009
Wonderful, personable, caring!
Dr. Dickerson treated my son for over 3 years, and during that time, much of it touch and go for our son, he proved to be very knowledgable, very caring and would spend whatever time we needed answering questions. We have found that most neurosurgeons have little or NO bedside manner, this was not true with Dr. Dickerson. He was very good with our son, answering more than just medical questions, which really helped us in a stressful time! We would recommend him to ANYONE! :)