Dr. John Dickson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Dickson?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. John Dickson?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

January 27th, 2016

Internist

My first visit. I was very impressed. Imagine this...he listened! I've been experiencing problems with a pain medication. I found him well-versed in the side-effects I'm experiencing & his suggestions have helped. My long-time PCP died(13 days before I fell) ; Dr. Dickson is my 4th new PCP & I've finally found a doctor who listened instead of issuing instructions/changing medications without first determining my history, including with medications. The other doctors didn't even make note of my fall/injury & the repercussions thereof.

September 13th, 2015

Cares about his patients.

Dr. Dickson's office has a notoriously long wait time. I find it is due to the fact that Dr. Dickson spends time getting to know and is interested in all of his patients. He does not rush in and rush out. He treats you like a person, and assesses all your needs, including emotional ones. If you want to be in and out in 30 minutes, this is not the office for you. If you want someone who is thorough and cares about you, then I highly recommend him.

March 6th, 2015

This office is the most uncaring, most unprofessional office I have ever been to. They are rude on the phone, I haven't seen the Doctor in over 10 years, just one of the PA's. It takes over two weeks to get a refill on any medicine, but the most important one is my migraine medicine. All they care about is getting money from the insurance company for office visits and co-pays. Stay away from this office and go to a doctor that actually cares about their patients!!!!!!!!!! In 2013, he was sanctioned by the Medical Board for his unprofessional behavior. Stay away from this office!!

November 16th, 2014

It doesn't matter how nice he or his staff is the wait time is insulting. I'm firing him and finding a doctor who respects other peoples time.

March 27th, 2014

He's rude

Dickson's office help is nice. His PA is very good. The nurses are good. One can see the PA quickly, but one has to wait months to see Dickson, even an established patient. The wait time in his office is long. He likes to joke around with his nurse or attendant. If a statin medicine causes you to feel bad, he doesn't want to hear it --take it anyway! He's rude and nearly vomited on me once. He didn't like for me to ask questions and didn't like it because I assisted my husband. He and his PA don't agree on the same methods of treatment. I'm surprised she's still with him. We stayed with him 3 years - 2 years too long. I'm glad we finally left!

July 15th, 2013

Terrible

The doctor is an idiot. And the wait time is terrible.

January 23rd, 2013

Provides Competent Primary Medical Care

Most of the time I see his ARNP who is excellent. I am a fairly healthy person just getting older. I find Dr. Dickson's practice serves my medical needs well.

September 28th, 2012

good doctor with too many patients

patient load is WAY too high. tried to schedule with Dickson as an existing patient for annual physical, was told wait was three to four months. was directed to his PA and was able to get in in a few weeks. Discussion with PA was cursory at best, didnt notice several large changes since previous year. Have been waiting over two weeks for a call back, despite four (!) calls so far none have been returned. Probably going to find another doctor with better customer care.

July 30th, 2012

Don'task ANY Questions, Especially if you are a Woman!

Jenny is a super woman & I have no idea how she is able to work there & do all she does. His PA is also very nice. Generally, she is the only one you will see. If you do see the doctor, beware! If you are a woman, he will go off on you over nothing! Screaming, yelling, so angry that if you were to talk back to him I am not sure if you would be safe! He gets so angry he has to leave the room over any kind of question. He is abusive and should not be in practice! He had me in tears and was still yelling at me! The first time I thought he was just having a bad day but when it happened again, that was it! I've never gone through anything like that in my life! No one should be abused like that. I certainly don't need to pay someone to be treated that badly! I think Satan would have a better bedside manner! Please beware and be careful, something is wrong with this man!

May 24th, 2012

I've been going to Dr. Dickson for several years. I thought he was wonderful, but since his divorce he has become a different person. I'm beginning to wonder if I should get another doctor, because when I go in, he doesn't even look at me. He spends his time on the computer and seems unconcerned about everything. I recently saw him and his appearance was even different. He looked bloated and seemed to be slurring his words. I wondered at the time if he was on some medication himself.

April 25th, 2012

Stay away

Dr. Dickson came highly recommended to me so when my GP retired, I immediately went to him. I had been his patient for about a year and a half and had no complaints except for exceptionally long wait times. Then a few months ago I went in for a follow up and will never go back to him again. I am surprised he has any patients at all. I asked him a question regarding his P.A. and he got so angry he almost left the room. He was yelling at me and "in my face" telling me he doesn't have time to see every sniffle and ache that walks through the door. He screamed that even the doctors in the medical center have P.A's. (I had no objection to seeing a P.A.) He was almost out of control he was so angry. Needless to say, that was my last visit with him. I will never go back.

March 17th, 2012

Very conscientious regarding appropriate Lab-work and follow-up tests - also in regard to medications or supplements patient may be taking.Office-help tends to be negligent in scheduling appointments. When the doctor was out-of-town, this week, they advised 6-8 patients to come-in at 1:30 p.m. despite the fact that they would not return from lunch until 2 p.m. Patients stood in the hall like school children, until the clerks arrived at 2 p.m. and opened the door - then had to wait their turns to see someone who would take care of the problem (and hoping they might get through by 4 p.m.)THAT suggests a rather contemtuous attitude toward patients in general. What's so difficult about setting a sequence of 20/30 minute time slots for 6-8 people covering a 3-hr period?It's rude and demeaning to be treated like that. Since I was just there for a follow-up, and not having any problems, I left. Thanks for providing this site to find out what goes on up front when the doctor's out (or very busy). Patients need to let him know..