Dr. John Dipaola MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Tualatin, OR

3.1

January 21st, 2016
So rude and unprofessional
I saw Dr John Di Paola at the Occupational Orthopedics office at Gateway. From the time he walked into the exam room, he was rude and disrespectful. He started by reviewing my workers' comp case. When I tried to correct a key fact, he cut me off rudely. He would ask me a direct question, and then speak over me while I tried to answer to tell me I was answering him incorrectly. He literally yelled at my daughter when she tried to offer information about my medical condition. He was unbelievably rude to her on a number of occasions during the appointment. I would never recommend that anyone sees this "doctor" for any reason whatsoever. If you have been scheduled with him due to a workers' comp claim, just call and ask for a different doctor. He is the worst.

February 22nd, 2015
shoulder surgery ten years ago great results . hope to have dr. dipaola do knee surgery.

September 22nd, 2013
Dr. Di Paola spent an appropriate amount of time to explain the medical procedures and recuperation/therapy time. He made me feel like I was his only patient during my visits. He never rushed and made sure I had a complete understanding of my medical needs. I would highly recommend him to anyone that needs an orthopedic surgeon who does the job right the first time.

May 16th, 2013
Hair stylist
Before seeing Dr. Dipaola I had no feeling in my right hand and was in serve pain, after having surgery on a nerve that was pinched in my elbow I once again have the feeling back and only after three months my elbow is like new. This would be the only doctor I would recommend to anyone for any type of injury that was sustained on the job he knows what he is doing and explains things in detail so anyone could understand. I think that anyone who does not see this doctor is missing out on a truly enjoyable experience (as much as there can be with an injury).

April 11th, 2013
So thankful
Lets just say that I couldn't open a car door, I was in pain continually and thought that I would never be strong again( I'm 35). Had I left my treatment with kaiser I would have been on a fourth type of anti inflamirtory medication. After the care I've recieved from Dr. Dipaola I am at 100% for the first time in almost a year. He took me seriously and was totally committed to seeing a full recovery, and I am so thankful!

March 19th, 2013
Double Bicep rupture
After having a double bicep rupture from an accident at work , Dr. DiPaola was able to literally piece my arm and shoulder back. He is very understanding of the working individual , and has a very concern for his patients. I have had two shoulder surgeries , both done by Dr. DiPaola . The first one was 10 years ago and the last one done in 2013. Dr. DiPaola remembered me from my first accident and made me feel confident that he would be able to get me back on the road to recovery . I would not have gone back to Dr. DiPaola if I did not feel this way . Would I recommend him, very much !!!

February 28th, 2013
Good man
This doctor helped me to understand my situation medically but also helped me to understand what the workers comp system could and could not do. I got what I needed to get back to work so I could take care of my family.

February 26th, 2013
An amazing Dr. and Man!!!
First let me say that Dr. Dipaola is one of the kindest men I have had the pleasure of knowing. My family member was injured at work (like all of Dipaola's patients) his original doctor was not someone who took time to understand an injured worker. Thankfully we were transferred over to Dr. Dipaola's care. This man truly CARES about his patients whole being... mind, body, and spirit. He is cognizant of the patients state of mind and overall healing. He understands that his patients not only want to be better but they want to function in society and get back to living. Dr. Dipaola supported and encouraged my family member. He took time to listen to and know him. Even though I was not his patient I attended many office visits and was a witness to this mans true love for mankind. It is unfortunate for me and many of my friends that the only way we would ever be under his care is if we were hurt at work but I would recommend him again and again to anyone who has to be in the work comp system... It is however very fortunate for the men and women who have to endure the process of being hurt at work. Dr. Dipaola knows how to advocate for these people, he knows that there is more to the patient than just the physical injury, he sees the family and the man (in my case) Dr. Dipaola is a blessing and we will be forever grateful for his care and attention.

January 27th, 2013
Hellen
My goal was to get back to work as quickly as possilble so I could take care of my family. Dr. DiPaola helped me do just that! Great Doctor!

January 25th, 2013
Faith
I am extremely grateful to Dr. DiPaola. He helped my family & I thru a very challenging time. I would recommend him 100%.

October 15th, 2012
Helping me,Get back on my feey
This Dr. (Man) actually listened to me about the problem I was having in my ankle. It was not a sprain. Took me almost 18 months of being told (it is just a sprain) This mans deligence, and bedside manner, gave me hope when there was none.. I would use him over and over again. Thanks Doc

August 1st, 2012
Senior
I had a workers compensation medical exam with Dr. John David Dipaolo and found that he seemed to have his mind made up already. The whole exam was less that 11 minutes. He said he had all the information he needed from my employer. When he asked the questions he said he needed to ask me the answer was different from what I had actually said. He asked me if I had swelling in my knee, I said "I think so and that you (he) should take a look". Not only did he not take a look, and examine my knee closely, he wrote down in his report that " the patient did not know if he had swelling or not". He also stated that he did several measurement which I can't remember him doing. Then he goes on in his report to the Workers Comp board about some study he had done where he proved all these results he was trying to prove. He sounded as if he was prejudicial in his so called professional medical opinion. If you are a Workers Compensation attorney I would really, really watch-out for this Doctor as he is very shady. I put the 4 stars above because the waiting time was quick as he made me feel as if wanted to get me in and out, to move onto the next victim of his unprofessional diagnosis.