Dr. John Draus Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Bad

December 7th, 2015
Highly recommend.

June 18th, 2011
To date, my child has been a patient of the University of Kentucky Children's Hospital for over one year now, has had multiple surgeries and has been misdiagnosed due to a simple, yet negligent error in judgement by another pediatric surgeon at the same hospital. Dr. Draus found the mistake the other surgeon made and has since then began to take steps to correct the problem so that my child may become active, healthy, and be able to live a normal life. I would recommend Dr. Draus to anyone whos child requires any type of gastrointestinal surgery. However, I would not recommend his coleagues at the University of Kentucky. Because of them, my child has undergone countless, needless procedures that could have easily been avoided.

April 30th, 2010
Dr. John M. Draus, Res. Pediatric General Surgery Riley Hosp.
I don't know if this is the same Dr. John Draus as the one I am rating, as the address is different. The lowest rating I gave Dr. Draus was for his bedside manner and only because of my initial impression of him. I thought he was very loud,curt,and unfriendly, especially when coming to visit my daughter in the hospital at 6:30 a.m. However, as my daughter's stay progressed, so did my appreciation of Dr. Draus. I found his bedside manner much better than my first impression and knew that he genuinely cared about my child's well-being and our comfort during the hospital stay. I became very comfortable both with him and his knowledge and expertise. When we returned to Riley Hosp. yesterday for a follow-up visit, he took his time with us and was a pleasure to work with. I was almost sorry our experience there had to come to an end!