Dr. John Duby Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Duby?

Asthma

Have you seen Dr. John Duby?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

September 17th, 2013

I had adopted my son just before he was 2 years old and new very quickly something was not right. We waited 6 months to get an appointment at Akron childrens and saw Dr Duby. who spent 15 minutes with my son who had no laungage and told us everything looks great and to come back in a year if we had still had concerns. The following year things had become really bad and Dr Duby told us he sure was cute and to come back next year if we still had concerns (saw my son again for 15 minutes). My son was finally diagnosed with autism at the age of 8. I pulled my sons medical records from Akron childrens and found that Dr Duby outright lied to my ped about doing testing to rull out autism (I have the files in front of me). Shame on him due to the fact that my son lost years of intervention. The problem in this area is not many qualified Docs. But Akron childrens is suposed to be the best.

April 2nd, 2013

I left sobbing!!

We were referred to dr duby for the results of my daughters ADOS testing. And although she was running around with no shoes on (sensory) and didnt talk to him (though looked to us) AND the ados results showed shes on spectrum, he told us she only had anxiety. He told us 6 months of therapy would cure her. This was 2 years ago. Now she has accurate help from a doctor who actually cares and took the time to know her. She does not only have anxiety but pddnos/aspergers!

November 7th, 2012

The Most Horrible Experience of My Entire Life

The day my child was diagnosed with autism was the most horrible day of my life. It was made worse by Dr. John Duby. After every statement I made about my child's behavior he said "Why do you let him do that?" Let him? I'm coming to you for help. I never felt more powerless in my life. He is old school blame the mother for the child's behavior.

January 24th, 2011

great person and doctor

He spent more then 1.5 h with us, made us to understand everything he was doing and explaining what we should expect and do for the future!

May 14th, 2009

Blame the Mother !!!!

"Why do you let him/her do that?" Is what you will hear when he interviews you about your child's behavior. Then he will try to sell a class on how to be a better parent that is available for free from the autism society. He is very cold and not the person you want to hear the worst new in your like from. Akron Children's hospital is the only game in town (That takes insurance) so their is no escaping them. We reluctantly went back and now see Dr.Carol Delahunty who is wonderful.

May 6th, 2015