inactive

• Good
  • Bad

August 5th, 2009
My Mother
My mother has a rare disease that only affects 1 in 10 million people. It is called dystonia and it causes her to spasm severely. It can hit at anytime, whether she is relaxed or stressed. Her spasms are debilitating and she can't lead a normal life. Dr Duguid sees her so she can get the Botox shots that help control her face and neck muscles when she spasms. He is not a nice person to her and put in her medical record that she possibly has Munchausens syndrome and conversion disorder. I live with my mom and see everyday, firsthand, the ways her muscles contort and the noises that come from her diaphragm sqeezing. I help her when she starts to spasm and her body can't hold itself up because of the energy that the spasms take from her. For years, I have been denied my childhood because people like Dr. Duguid tell my mom that she is crazy. I know that a body cannot do the things that I have seen my mom's do, on its own. It is utterly impossible. This man has slandered my mom's name and made a fool of her for having a disease she cannot control. His bedside manner is crude and he had no qualms, whatsoever, about telling my mom that she was lying about her uncontrollable muscle movement. Fortunately, I have not had the displeasure of meeting this man in person, but when the time comes, I hope he will see that patients are more than the next paycheck and they actually have feelings.

October 8th, 2014