Dr. John Dunleavy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

December 2nd, 2016
RETIRED
EXCELENT MD./ALWAYS VERY CARING/NO RUSHED VISITS/EXPLAINS CONDITION VERY CLEARLY/VERY CONSERVETIVE/HIGHLY RECOMENDED/NO BAD APPLES HERE/A PLEASURE TO HAVE HIM AS MY KNEE MD.THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR CARE....

November 29th, 2016
The office of Dr John Dunleavy and Danbury Orthopedics, is very professional and helpful. I've had both the right and left hip replaced in 2016 and Dr. Dunleavy and staff provided excellent follow up from appointment follow up to surgical follow up. Dr. Dunleavy even called me twice to personally follow up after my recent total hip replacement. Both Dr. Dunleavy, the Ridgefiled VNA staff and the Western Connecticut Orthopedic Surgical Center (WCOSC) staff provided exemplary care and positive coaching and follow up that I believe guaranteed my successful recuperation.

November 19th, 2016
Do not recommend Dr. Dunleavy or this office
Rude. pompous, arrogant, disrespectful, and negligent in proper care of ailing patient, dismisses patoents who have filled out all their paperwork, walk in with a problem, reerred to him but have an insurance he refuses to accept.Highly unprofessional and disgraceful treatment.

October 21st, 2016
Rude, extremely arrogant orthopedist
Go to another office! I did after my first appointment with him and am so grateful to find a different group where I am taken seriously as a patient in pain and significant suffering. My calls for appointments went unanswered at this office and that should have been a tip off to the quality of care I would receive. His pompous attitude is overwhelming to someone who is just looking for competent care and to have that care be patient-centered---not doctor-centered.

September 12th, 2016
Do not recommend John Dunleavy MD
I have to completely agree with the last reviewer. His attitude toward patients is rather appalling. If there is a trick to getting competent and compassionate care from him--I don't know what it is. You will be charged enormous fees but the caring is lacking and his attitude is better suited toward a career in business --not treating patients who are injured and in serious pain. Do yourself a favor and go to a different office for hip and knee surgery and conditions. His partner is the same in attitude and it is a disgrace to treat people as they do. Forget the idea of being treated like a human being here or even having a telephone call returned or answered for that matter. You don't need to be treated like this. I found out too late and now have a different office I go to and it made all the difference.

August 29th, 2016
knee replacement surgery
wish i never had him as my doctor nice smile good looks means nothing dr. dunleavy ikept telling there was something wrong i was not healing still falling without warning add to that burning stinging of knee knee he would just do xray i cried each time i was convinced to go to him again i was done with him,my second stay in hospital he saw patient in same room as me looked at me stated he did not know why i was here and walked out my stay in nursing home not one visit from him i feel he left me for dead i now have a permanent brace from hip now because of my knee replacement

July 14th, 2016
Would not recommend Dr. Dunleavy
Treated like a body part not a person.

June 4th, 2016
AVOID!
Go elsewhere for better and more humane care. My phone messages were never returned and the lack of professionalism by this doctor and his secretary are unreal. My pharmacist called him twice, followed by my visiting nurse (after surgery) and their calls went unanswered also.

May 14th, 2016
I was very fortunate to find Dr Dunleavy. He did my hip & knee replacements--and was the best. A very good experience, considering I didn't know what to expect---He is thorough-easy to talk to and very professional. I would highly recommend him.

May 13th, 2016
Great surgeon. Saved my ankle which was badly broken. Courteous and patient, always took time to provide me with thorough information and answer all my questions. Excellent doctor. and excellent surgical results.

April 30th, 2016
Highly recommend
Six months ago Dr. Dunleavy replaced my right hip. On a scale of 1-10, mine was an 11 -- I could barely walk, it was so bad. I had a long list of questions when I first met Dr. Dunleavy which I never got to ask as he explained all aspects of the procedure and recovery upfront. My surgery went smoothly, I was walking several hours later and was home the next day going up and down the stairs in my home. I never experienced any pain and have a rather small incision (less than 6 inches). Throughout the entire process, Dr. Dunleavy was professional, excellent as a surgeon, personable, and always willing to spend as much time with me as I needed. He, as well as the staff at Danbury Orthopedics, always make me feel welcome. I highly recommend Dr. Dunleavy.

April 12th, 2016
ALL STAR SURGEON DR. JOHN P. DUNLEAVY
I am so fortunate to have had Dr. John P. Dunleavy perform my total hip replacement surgery this past February. He is one of the most highly skilled surgeons, who has perfected his craft to the highest degree. I am so grateful that Dr. Dunleavy has given me back my quality of life. His staff is wonderful and always helpful and professional. I highly recommend Dr. Dunleavy.