Dr. John Dunleavy Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. John Dunleavy?

See a better orthopedist who cares

Posted on October 29th, 2017

I was seriously is diagnosed and left to figure out what o do next. The next office I went to had a kind, patient doctor who explaned to me that Dr Dunleavy misdiagnosed me diagnosis and showed me why. Fortunately, I got the second opinion after seeing this rude doctor and saved myself an unecessary surgery.

Service

Posted on September 25th, 2017

Dr.Dunleavy was very professional and took the time to listen to issues. He never made it seem like he didn't care. Extremely impressed and satisfied with the care.

Please find a better doctor who will diagnose and treat properly.

Posted on July 16th, 2017

Complete;ly self serving and does not care what he puts patients through--horrible experieinces with John. Dunleavy

Posted on June 23rd, 2017

Sends people to a Hartford hospital so he will make more money doing the surgery. Does not care if you will be inconvenienced getting there, I was left in severe pain (without medication) with no returned phone calls because his secretary never answered the phone or botherred to return calls. Completely unethical. Do not believe the hype. He is a narcissist who is after money first. no patients should be treated as he treats thema dn I have talked to many former patients.

Arrogant, self serving orthopedist with dismissive atttude toward patients

Posted on February 16th, 2017

My experience at this office was one of utter disbelief. I fail to understand why my prescriptions were written incorrectly twice, why my calls were neither naswered nor returned and why calls from my pharmacist and personal nurse also went unaswered. None of us were calling this office to chat but to relay important information about my needs and we were all ignored. This is inexcusable and I suffered as a result. I had to go to another physician to get the medication and treatment that was Dr. Dunleavy's responsibilty. He is self important and too narcissistic to realize that people who are coming to him are suffering and require attentive CARE. I will not step foot in his ofice again and would advise others to look elsewhere. One of my friends told me she was refered to him with a severely painful knee, she filled out all the paperwork (including her insurance information----which she also gave over the phone) and Dr. Dunleavy told her he does not take her insurance and said he would not treat her. She was in tremendous pain and this is how he treated her. What kind of medicine is this? Isn't being a doctor about more than making as much money as you possibly can? He did not even give this patient any suggestions about how she couuld obtain the much needed help with her insurance. Despicable.

Knee surgery

Posted on December 27th, 2016

Found doctor very caring, very informative. Spent a lot of time explaining his findings and my options. After my MRI he was quick to call me with results. I was given option of another appointment pre-op, which I declined as I felt the phone conversation adequate. Very efficient surgical center, treated very professionally and everything well explained. Overall surgery was comfortable and I felt I was in competent hands from start to finish. At my first post op 13 days later surgeon went over all photos from surgery. Very reassuring. Office and staff very professional. Can't believe some of these patients who wrote some of these reviews saw the same doctor as I did. I would recommend Dr. Dunleavy without hesitation.

Great Doctor

Posted on December 19th, 2016

Posted on December 6th, 2016

Dr. Dunleavy is a great orthopedist. He gave my husband a new knee which is good and I went for a cortisone shot in my arthritic knee.

RETIRED

Posted on December 3rd, 2016

EXCELENT MD./ALWAYS VERY CARING/NO RUSHED VISITS/EXPLAINS CONDITION VERY CLEARLY/VERY CONSERVETIVE/HIGHLY RECOMENDED/NO BAD APPLES HERE/A PLEASURE TO HAVE HIM AS MY KNEE MD.THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR CARE... .

Posted on November 29th, 2016

The office of Dr John Dunleavy and Danbury Orthopedics, is very professional and helpful. I've had both the right and left hip replaced in 2016 and Dr. Dunleavy and staff provided excellent follow up from appointment follow up to surgical follow up. Dr. Dunleavy even called me twice to personally follow up after my recent total hip replacement. Both Dr. Dunleavy, the Ridgefiled VNA staff and the Western Connecticut Orthopedic Surgical Center (WCOSC) staff provided exemplary care and positive coaching and follow up that I believe guaranteed my successful recuperation.

Do not recommend Dr. Dunleavy or this office

Posted on November 20th, 2016

Rude. pompous, arrogant, disrespectful, and negligent in proper care of ailing patient, dismisses patoents who have filled out all their paperwork, walk in with a problem, reerred to him but have an insurance he refuses to accept.Highly unprofessional and disgraceful treatment.

Rude, extremely arrogant orthopedist

Posted on October 21st, 2016

Go to another office! I did after my first appointment with him and am so grateful to find a different group where I am taken seriously as a patient in pain and significant suffering. My calls for appointments went unanswered at this office and that should have been a tip off to the quality of care I would receive. His pompous attitude is overwhelming to someone who is just looking for competent care and to have that care be patient-centered---not doctor-centered.