Dr. John Dykstra DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 5th, 2016
Excellent physician. Listens, good sense of humor, right diagnosis, knowledgeable and interested in comfort of patient.

September 25th, 2015
I like Dr. Dykstra as a physician, and as a person. He knows what he's talking about. He's funny. Makes the visit less intimidating. The Georgetown staff is stuffy though, no sense of humor. All business.

October 27th, 2013
Dr. Dykstra has always spent the time needed with myself, husband, and kids. He has taken the time to make everyone always feel comfortable and cared about. He has gone above and beyond for our family. Every family I've recommended him to has loved him!! He and his staff call promptly after test results and never make me feel like the "worry wart" that I am. :) He has a passion for his job and the families in his care that comes through every time we visit. We're very blessed to have him as our family care practitioner.

February 7th, 2013
Concern Parent
I just transferred both my kids to this doctor. When I went in to fill out the paper work I was told I was all set. My daughter called from school complaining of a soar throat and ear pain. I called the doctor's office to make an appointment for her. I was told that they could not see her because they have not seen her when she was healthy. I was told to take her to ER where she would be seen by someone who has never seen her when she was healthy either. Make sense? Not really. I was very firm in stating I needed an appointment for my daughter and they refused care. If there policy was to see the new patient first healthy before seeing them sick then they should have told me that when I was filling out the paper work. Who sees a doctor when they are healthy anyway?