A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Carter is Excellent. Dr. Carter has been reviewed by 1 patients who have provided 1 comments. The rating is 4 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Carter, MD, DO is board certified in Plastic Surgery and Surgery.
He has special expertise in 1 Area, including Neuro-Ophthalmology.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Carter graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston.More Education & Awards
Dr. Carter has 6 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital - San Antonio
- R. E. Thomason General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Carter accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 3 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 8 plans
- Community First Health Plans - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. John Carter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John E. Carter practice?
Dr. John Carter practices Surgery, Plastic Surgery, and Neurology near San Antonio, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Chickamauga, GA.
See San Antonio Surgeons, San Antonio Plastic Surgeons, and San Antonio Neurologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Deshawn Carter, Dr. Evan Carter, Dr. Giovanni Carter, Dr. Hank Carter, Dr. Hans Carter, Dr. Ian Carter, Dr. Ivan Carter, Dr. Jack Carter