A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Mayer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Mayer is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Mayer, MD is board certified in Congenital Cardiac Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 25 areas:
- Aortic Coarctation
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease (Double Outlet Right Ventricle)
- Coronary Vessel Anomalies
- Developmental Disorders
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Surgery (Cardiovascular Surgical Procedures)
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Pathologic Constriction
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Mayer graduated from Yale University, New Haven. He has 9 awards.
Dr. Mayer has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mayer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Network Health - 1 plan
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John E. Mayer practice?
Dr. John Mayer practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Congenital Cardiac Surgery, Pediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, and Vascular Surgery near Boston, MA.
See Boston Cardiothoracic Surgeons, Boston Surgeons, Boston Pediatricians, and Boston Pediatric Surgeons.