A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Mayer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Mayer is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Mayer
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Mayer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Mayer, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Congenital Cardiac Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 25 areas:
- Aortic Coarctation
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease (Double Outlet Right Ventricle)
- Coronary Vessel Anomalies
- Developmental Disorders
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Surgery (Cardiovascular Surgical Procedures)
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Pathologic Constriction
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Mayer graduated from Yale University, New Haven. He has 10 awards.
Dr. Mayer has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John E Mayer MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 40 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Congenital Cardiac Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John E. Mayer practice?
- Dr. John Mayer has 1 office location.
Dr. John Mayer practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Congenital Cardiac Surgery near Boston, MA.
See Boston Surgeons and Boston Cardiothoracic Surgeons.