A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Thompson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Thompson, Ophthalmologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Thompson
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Thompson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Thompson, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Advanced technology cataract surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Thompson graduated from Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Thompson has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Roper Hospital
- Bon Secours-St Francis Xavier Hospital
- East Cooper Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Edward Thompson MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 9 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John E. Thompson practice?
- Dr. John Thompson has 1 office location.
Dr. John Thompson practices Ophthalmology near Ladson, SC.
See Ladson Ophthalmologists.