A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jay Thompson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jay Thompson, Ophthalmologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jay Thompson, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Advanced technology cataract surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Thompson graduated from Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Thompson has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Roper Hospital
- East Cooper Medical Center
- Bon Secours-St Francis Xavier Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jay Thompson MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 8 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Jay Thompson practice?
- Dr. Jay Thompson has 4 office locations.
Dr. Jay Thompson practices Ophthalmology near Bakersfield, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Chicago, IL and Philadelphia, PA.
See Bakersfield Ophthalmologists.