Dr. John Eggenberger MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 25th, 2013
colon surgery
although Dr Eggenberger came highly recommended, I am very disappointed in the associate and the resident care I received while an inpatient at St Joes. They did not agree on my care openly in front of me and I feel this was why recovery from this surgery was long and difficult. Dr Eggenberger needs to go back to Henry Ford Health System where he would have better support.

May 2nd, 2013
A surgeon who listens!!
He was 3rd surgeon I saw in that office & the only 1 willing to help me find the cause of my problem instead of just trying to fix me with a knife!! Great doctor that listens & truly wants to help not just fix & shove out the door!! He does run behind because he truly takes time with his patients, it is worth the wait!

September 12th, 2011
Beware of this doctor and the office, the doctor does not listen to his patiences, he is after money. He

November 5th, 2010
Excellent doctor, some inadequate office procedures
Dr. Eggenberger is competent, kind, gentle - wonderful. I recommend him highly. His bevy of residents is - acceptable. Some of the office procedures, however, leave much to be desired. 1) No follow-up call following surgery/hospital discharge; 2) 6 days post-op, a staffer phoned & insisted on completing a new-patient questionnaire, replete with inane questions given my status & containing medication info outdated by >1 year. She would not alter her approach or questions when I advised her on my post-op status & never inquired about my well being. Maddening. That said, Dr. Eggenberger's nurse is excellent, & office personnel managed to get a faxed message to her that I had mis-labeled. On balance, kudos for Dr. Eggenberger, his nurse, & some office personnel; harpoons for office procedures.