Dr. John Eichten MD Patient Reviews

1.0

• Good
  • Bad

December 28th, 2013
Should not be allowed to practice psychiatry
Like the other reviewer, I was also taken here and diagnosed ADD in middle school. I am 23 now. I was put on Adderall and, for some reason, so was the majority of my family. I honestly suspect that he received some sort of kick-back from prescribing Adderall. My younger brother was driven nearly insane from the dosage he was put on. I was misdiagnosed and wrongly medicated. I can attribute major depression, becoming suicidal, and being set back in my life in serious ways because of being on Adderall. I feel as if I have been irreparably damaged. Dr. Eichten should not be allowed to practice. He is incapable of fulfilling his duty as a psychiatrist. Avoid this man at all costs - your mental well-being is at stake.

May 15th, 2010
As a kid I called him Dr. Quack Quack, need I say more?
When I was a child my parents brought me to him. Now that I can think for myself more I realize that he only damaged me more, rather than helping me in anyway. He was presented with an overly active, creative child, and saw nothing but ADHD. It was later discovered that I, in fact, have Asperger's Syndrome. He put me on Adderol which, admittedly helped me focus, but has since destroyed most of my childhood memories, and I suspect has done bad things to my memory as a whole.If I could say anything to prevent you from wasting your time, money, and sanity on this pathetic excuse of a psychiatrist I would. But since I don't know you that is difficult. Just know that he went quite far to make an already difficult time in my life even more difficult by adding to my life superfluous medications, and false diagnoses.If you care at all about your child take him elsewhere. There are other, and infinitely better psychiatrists in BHSI, the Eagan location helped me immensely. Once more- DO NOT take your child to Dr. John Eichten!

February 12th, 2016