Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
Annandale
Northern Va Pelvic Surgery Association
3289 Woodburn Rd
Ste 320
Annandale, VA 22003
703-698-7100
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  go elsewhere!  |  show details
May 18th, 2014

Rushed-not a very warm bedside manner-I was in pain for months after surgery and I could never get any help from him or the office

|  Brilliant!  |  show details
by Victoria on Jun 3rd, 2013

Dr Elkas came very highly recommended by my OB/GYN. Brilliant surgeon!! Office staff terrific!!

|  Needs a Staff Overhaul  |  show details
May 8th, 2012

I agree w. the comments about Dr. Elkas' front office staff. They come in late, dress poorly, tough roughly and give a bad first impression of his practice. And why, I ask myself, when it isn't necessary. There are so many well qualified people who could take over.And yes, Dr. Elkas could spend more time w. his patients on the day of surgery - before and after. No one is that busy...

May 7th, 2012

Wonderful surgeon. I was amazed he was able to do my hysterectomy vaginally with my scar tissue. Bedside manner needs work. Saw him briefly before surgery but not at all after. Business office seems fly by night. I get a bill that is actually a photo copy from Mid Atlantic Pelvic that directs payment to Northern Virgina Pelvic and doesn't even include envelope for payment. What's up with that? Makes them look so unprofessional.

|  Finally someone who knows and cares!  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2012

I had a history of being misdiagnosed, not diagnosed and the entire nightmare I learned of my issues by going online! I went to Dr Elkas and within one week he had me in the hospital removed the cancer and literally saved my life. He is very personable and an excellent friend to you when you are sick!Saved my life!

Jul 25th, 2011

AS far as him knowing his medicine he is great, he knew what the problem was as soon as he looked at my test results. His bed side manors need to be worked on. The only time I saw him was in his office a week before my surgery. My surgery date was changed 3 times, and my pre opt was also changed several times. The day I was to be released from the hospital he never came to see how I was doing, he called to say everything looks great you can go home now. Talk about poor service. Its only been a week since my surgery and i'm still in some pain. I'm not sure if that is normal or what.I had a vaginal hysterectomy and I expect some pain still, but not like this.

|  Highest recommendations  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2010

He knows his stuff and is respected by patients and those in the medical world. He dealt well with my fears,concerns, readily answered all my husbands & my questions. He is a good listener; made us feel like part of a team. The entire office,lab care. Just what you need when your diagnosed with the big "C" and trying to grab hold of it all.Was easy to have faith in him.

|  Does NOT return calls  |  show details
by Concerned for my mother on Sep 15th, 2010

Dr. Elkas recommend that my mother needed to have a procedure. He said that someone would contact her to schedule an appointment. She waited over a week for anyone from this office to call her back. She then called the office 6 times. 4 out of the 6 times, nobody returned her call. The other 2 times that she called, a receptionist said that the doctor was busy with an emergency surgery, and someone would contact her the next day. She was STILL not given the courtesy of a returned phone call. My brother called yesterday. He was told that he would recieve a call the following day; he has not heard back yet. My mother could have a potentially life threatening condition, and nobody in this practice will be kind enough to simply return a phone call. My brother and I would like her to find another doctor, but she is insistent. I find it very difficult to believe that any one practice can be this busy in four weeks that they cannot call a patient back. Time cannnot be wasted when one is dealing with the cancer; every day..time is wasting, and her health could be getting worse. I are VERY upset and disgusted with this entire situation. We are going to call yet again tomorrow...we will see what happens.

|  The Best  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2010

Hey look it this guy is good really good. If you want you best shot at recovery see him. God bless

Jan 27th, 2010

It is very rare anymore that you have the doctor call and leave you a message with test results. It was great to hear good news and that it came from my doctor. He is wonderful.

|  HE is a GOD sent!!!!!!!!  |  show details
by Denise R Jalim on Dec 15th, 2009

I was as scared as scared could be. He took all my fears away, and continues to do so. From his bedside manner to his care he is the best in the world. You go DOC. Please dont ever change in how you care.

|  Poor Educator  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2009

Dr. Elkas does not educate his patients on what to expect in re a cancer recurrence. I found this very distressing at my last visit since this is critically important information. He seemed impatient with me and rushed me through the last of my follow-up visits.

Nov 1st, 2009

Dr. Elkas spent all the time I needed at my initial visit. When I wanted to have surgery as quickly as possible, he added me as his last patient 2 days later. His bedside manner was warm and caring, making a scary situation bearable. The surgery went well, with minimal discomfort afterwards. I cannot speak highly enough of this skilled surgeon!

|  " The Best"  |  show details
by Mr. G on Oct 18th, 2008

Dr. Elkas is the top Doc. in the US. I spent over 6 Months credentialing Doc's through out the World and he came up " The best". I wish you good health...

|  A True Class Act!  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2008

Dr. Elkas is the absolute best in the business: surgeon/gynecologist and oncologist. I have known him and been under his care as a former cancer patient for a year. He is brilliant, honest, caring, funny and just plain nice. If you have cancer or need surgery, trust me: you will be in the best possible hands with Dr. Elkas. I will be genuinely sorry when our time together ends. --A Happy (and Lucky) Patient--

|  An Extraordinary Surgeon!  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2008

Dr. Elkas operated on me in October of 2007 for Stage 1 endometrial cancer. He did a masterful job on the surgery so that my recuperation was easy and faster than expected. My scar is now, 4 months later, barely visible. He is prompt getting into the exam room, but could perhaps have spent a little more time with me. He is sometimes hard to reach, but this may be typical of surgeons. Nonetheless, he is caring and personable and an extraordinary surgeon and diagnostician. I will see him regularly for follow-ups. My experience has been been very positive and I would recommend to family members or friends. I did find the office staff quite rushed, but they managed to get me in to see him on time for my initial consult and pre-op and post-op visits.