A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Engstrom:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Engstrom is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Engstrom, MD is board certified in Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Autonomic Nervous System Diseases
- Central Cord Syndrome
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Evoked Potential Studies
- Hereditary Motor and Sensory Neuropathies
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Paraplegia (Tropical Spastic Paraparesis)
- Peripheral Nervous System Diseases
- Spinal Cord Compression
- Spinal Cord Diseases
- Spinal Stenosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Engstrom graduated from Stanford University. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Engstrom has 7 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Walter Engstrom MD is a male Neurologist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Neurology.
- Where does Dr. John W. Engstrom practice?
- Dr. John Engstrom has 4 office locations.
Dr. John Engstrom practices Neurology near San Francisco, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Palo Alto, CA.
See San Francisco Neurologists.