Dr. John Erickson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Erickson?

Colonoscopy

Colonoscopy

Have you seen Dr. John Erickson?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 17th, 2016

Happy outcome for finger surgery

Dr. John Erickson at the Raleigh Hand Center was heartily recommended to me by a friend. The friend had surgery with better-than-expected results. I was told the trip to Raleigh from Chapel Hill was well worth it. I had a cyst on my middle finger which needed to be removed. I made an appointment and was seen quickly and surgery required only a local anesthetic. Within days the finger was back to normal with little evidence of surgery. I could not have been happier!

March 11th, 2014

Thumb Arthritis

Excellent experience with the Doctor, surgery, office visits and recovery. Answered my many questions and provided me with the best options to address my condition. Therapy was well conducted and beneficial.

December 30th, 2013

Excellent experience at a Raleigh Hand Center

Dr. Erickson was thorough and focused on providing the appropriate treatment for my injury. I appreciated the fact that he didn't immediately jump to a surgical option.

August 30th, 2013

College Instructor

After breaking my wrist in April, 2013 and being attended by another doctor for 3 months of Occupational Therapy I was still suffering from severe pain and constant swelling. The first doctor told me that he had done all he could do and was releasing me. I ask him to please refer me to a Hand Specialist and was sent to Doctor Erickson of The Raleigh Hand Center. Doctor Erickson, after reviewing my x-rays and records, followed by a thorough examination, gave me a shot and sent me to have a nerve conduction test. He also instructed me to take anti-inflammatory tablets each day to help with the swelling. The pain subsided almost immediately after my second visit. I am extremely pleased with the service and treatment he provided and would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone with a hand problem. He demonstrated a sincere concern for my well being and provided excellent Doctor Patient Relationship. Thank You So Much

June 5th, 2013

Dr. Erickson is a jewel! I broke my wrist on a Sunday and saw my usual orthopedic surgeon the following Monday. I was referred to Dr. Erickson by my surgeon due to Dr. Erickson's expertise in hand and wrist surgery (per my surgeon). Wow! Dr. Erickson evaluated my wrist and explained all of my options clearly and gently. He encouraged my questions and gave understandable and complete answers. I am currently 7 weeks postop and will be returning to work next week, continuing physical therapy for another 6 weeks. I was so frightened and in so much pain, but Dr. Erickson and his staff were patient, incredibly kind and gentle with me. I am on the road to recovery and have NO PAIN (it's uncomfortable at times, I admit). There is no substitute for expertise, leadership in one's field, kindness and empathy. I will recommend Dr. Erickson to everyone I meet who has issues with their hands or arms. Thanks Dr. Erickson!

May 11th, 2013

I had a very traumatic wrist injury that resulted in 3 surgeries, 7 pins, and therapy. I also developed an infection in my bones which prolonged my recovery. Dr. Erickson was kind, professional and empathetic. It was a long journey- 9 months of visits - and he was always encouraging. I recommend him and the Raleigh Hand Center to anyone having issues with their hands or wrists.

May 3rd, 2013

Dr Erickson is one of the most personable and caring physicians I've visited. He listens well and acts on patient concerns immediately. I mentioned a concern I had about scar tissue after my recent carpal tunnel surgery and he took me to one of the physical therapists in his office right away. His staff is very attentive to all patients from the front desk receptionist all through out your visit to check out. Dr Erickson is very much a hands on (no pun intended) doctor which is refreshing to see especially since I work in the health care field myself. I had another injury to my thumb a couple of years ago and the first orthopedic surgeon I saw recommended surgery because one of the thumb ligaments was torn 95% of the way through. I saw Dr Erickson for a second opinion and am extremely grateful I did. He said if I wore a splint for 6 weeks or so the ligament would repair itself and surgery would not be necessary. AND he was RIGHT- saving me countless dollars and down time after a surgery that wasn't needed. I trust Dr Erickson completely and highly recommend him to anyone in need of a hand doctor. My experiences with him showed me that he avoids surgery unless needed and that says much about his integrity as a physician and person.

April 22nd, 2013

Not only is Dr. Erickson a competent physician, he is also kind and compassionate. He was tenacious when it came to following through to a proper diagnosis, for something that sent mixed signals, to following through with effective, painless surgery that resolved the situation. Follow up visits were short and therapeutic suggestions were successful. I hope not to return to him for any new reason, but would highly recommend him to anyone in need to resolve a hand issue.

June 15th, 2016