A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Liu:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Liu is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Liu, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Corneal Diseases
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Liu graduated from The University of Texas at Houston.
Dr. Liu has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Providence Health Center
- Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Liu accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 3 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 1 plan
- Scott and White Health Plan - 6 plans
- Cigna - 12 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan